Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old August 11th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I'm making some custom mods of vehicles, GMC Thunderhawk and Steel Lynx if anyone was interested :o)

I'm trying to get the vehicle stats to show on the side bar, so I don't have to load the vehicle to see the stats (Handling, Armour, Body etc). I've found how to add all of them, but not handling.

It seems Handling is being added automatically but it's not picking up any data from anywhere - it's Handling 0 always and I can't find the field I need to use. I've found vehSpeed, vehBody, vehArmor and all the others, just not 'vehHand or vehHandling'.

Any help would be appreciated :o)
Canis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryu

Old August 11th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
I'm making some custom mods of vehicles, GMC Thunderhawk and Steel Lynx if anyone was interested )

I'm trying to get the vehicle stats to show on the side bar, so I don't have to load the vehicle to see the stats (Handling, Armour, Body etc). I've found how to add all of them, but not handling.

It seems Handling is being added automatically but it's not picking up any data from anywhere - it's Handling 0 always and I can't find the field I need to use. I've found vehSpeed, vehBody, vehArmor and all the others, just not 'vehHand or vehHandling'.

Any help would be appreciated )
If I understand the question (lack of editor experience on my part), racDiffHan might be what you are looking for. Klick on "fields" on the vehicle tab of the editor.
Ryu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 11th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Before you do this, please note that my goal will eventually be to obsolete what you're doing - currently, in order to get a stat display during purchase, vehicles need to set every one of their values twice (once on the minion, once on the vehicle helper) - that's just not something I want to do for every vehicle. Once we can get a planned cabaility of Hero Lab itself finished, I'll be able to simply look up the values on the minion before purchase, and then every vehicle will automatically show that information, without any extra data entry required.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah I know, but until then the custom vehicles I'm building it's just helpful. If you want someone to go through and put the second set in the vehicle helper then just let me know cos they're head handy!

Code:
Attempt to intitialise field 'racDiffHan' that is not defined within compset
This is the field from the 'race', which is populated if you use the box in the editor. I'm looking for the equivalent on the field tab of the Vehicle Helper.

The 'Handling 0' is there automatically - I'm not sure which 'vehXxxx' field generates it - I'm gonna have a bit of a play and see which one gets rid of it (if any).

Last edited by Canis; August 11th, 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Canis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Nvm this one

Last edited by Canis; August 11th, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Canis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ryu

Old August 11th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
This is the field from the 'race', which is populated if you use the box in the editor. I'm looking for the equivalent on the field tab of the Vehicle Helper.

The 'Handling 0' is there automatically - I'm not sure which 'vehXxxx' field generates it - I'm gonna have a bit of a play and see which one gets rid of it (if any).
vehHandle? Zero if unfilled?
Ryu is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Canis

Old August 12th, 2012, 01:44 AM
I thought I tried that! Did you find it in a list somewhere?

Cos it works :oP
Canis is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ryu

Old August 12th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
I thought I tried that! Did you find it in a list somewhere?

Cos it works P
I loaded the Editor again, chose the Vehicle Helper tab, loaded up a copy of the Ares Citymaster, and clicked on Fields in the lower right section of the tab.
Ryu is offline   #8 Reply With Quote