Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Rithralas

Old October 12th, 2010, 07:49 AM
LOL! @ Rob. I got the secondary license working for my laptop for the Pathfinder set! I'm stoked! Now, I just need to wait on my request to un-fubar the primary license.
Rithralas is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Rithralas

Old October 14th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Please delete this thread! I don't want potential customers reading this and assuming that your product is clunky....when I was the one causing the problem.

Last edited by Rithralas; October 14th, 2010 at 07:13 PM.
Rithralas is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Actually the fact that the customer support was prompt and polite is a bigger win in my book actually and the thread should be left to show this. Also the fact that their have been two threads about Activation sense I joined a year ago also shows that it is 99% flawless in it's use. This again shows that is nearly perfect which is almost unheard of in the software industry.

On top of that HL license lets you re-install onto a new computer every 120 days is also VERY generous as I can't even think of another software that does that.

The fact is that people think that they can buy one copy and share it with their whole gaming group means that software activation is needed. The fact that they say this stuff right in front of the WL guys at their booth at GenCon shows how little thought their is in stealing software.

So until some better idea comes along we are left with the need for software activation if a company wants to stay in business.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old October 14th, 2010, 07:10 AM
I totally agree.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
BPIJonathan

Old November 5th, 2010, 07:54 AM
So, as I understand it. I can activate HL on my laptop and desktop in the initial license, and then pay a fee (think I saw $10 somewhere) and gain a third license to install on my secondary laptop (which is currently in use by my son). Is this correct, or did I misread something somewhere and I am being an idiot?

Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never where. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
BPIJonathan is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 5th, 2010, 08:26 AM
That's correct. The first two licenses are included, the third and fourth are $10 each. The 2nd-4th are obtained within HL, after you've gotten your first license set up (in the License menu, select the "Manage License..." option).
Mathias is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
BPIJonathan

Old November 5th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
That's correct. The first two licenses are included, the third and fourth are $10 each. The 2nd-4th are obtained within HL, after you've gotten your first license set up (in the License menu, select the "Manage License..." option).
Yay for me not being an idiot. Thanks.

Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press International | thompsonjm (at) gmail (dot) com | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never where. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
BPIJonathan is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 5th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPIJonathan View Post
So, as I understand it. I can activate HL on my laptop and desktop in the initial license, and then pay a fee (think I saw $10 somewhere) and gain a third license to install on my secondary laptop (which is currently in use by my son). Is this correct, or did I misread something somewhere and I am being an idiot?
Correct, but with one VERY important caveat to how you described it above. You must obtain a SECOND license number for use on the second computer. This second license is FREE, but you need to use a different license number on EACH computer. To obtain the second license number, first activate the initial license, then go to the License menu within Hero Lab and select Obtain Secondary License. Complete the process and you'll be issued a second license number for use on the second computer.

If you purchase and additional secondary license (your third total license), you will then repeat the above process to have the third license number issued to you. Then you can utilize the third license number on the third computer.
rob is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
BPIJonathan

Old November 5th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Correct, but with one VERY important caveat to how you described it above. You must obtain a SECOND license number for use on the second computer. This second license is FREE, but you need to use a different license number on EACH computer. To obtain the second license number, first activate the initial license, then go to the License menu within Hero Lab and select Obtain Secondary License. Complete the process and you'll be issued a second license number for use on the second computer.

If you purchase and additional secondary license (your third total license), you will then repeat the above process to have the third license number issued to you. Then you can utilize the third license number on the third computer.

I should have mentioned that, but yes that was the way I had understood it. I already have my second license, got it pretty quickly but was concerned about the third pc in my household.

Jonathan M. Thompson
BPIJonathan is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Soli

Old November 30th, 2019, 05:23 PM
I just bought a Pathfinder License today and am having the same issue.

I ran the internet connection diagnostic as described above and got the attached error message.

Do you know what I should do to fix this?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hero Lab Error.pdf (508.6 KB, 0 views)
Soli is offline   #20 Reply With Quote