Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HowardHeer

Old January 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
this has occured for some time now.
the program upon installation works fine. but as soon as I turn it off. it will no longer run. I get an exe error. I have tried a few of the suggestions to no avail.
The only way for me to get it running again is to reinstall. so typically i reinstall 3 or more times a day, unless i keep it running 24hours a days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Howard
HowardHeer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2008, 09:07 PM
First suggestion, look through this forum - other people with startup crashes have fixed their problem by disabling the automatic checking for updates (I don't remember how to do so right now).

Second suggestion, those problems with auto-updates were caused by their security programs - make sure all the firewalls, anti-virus programs, and security programs are temporarily disabled, and then try re-launching AB.

Third, I'd guess that Rob and Colen will need more detail to diagnose the problem - when exactly does it crash, what messages does it give, what security programs are running, what OS...
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HowardHeer

Old January 20th, 2008, 05:38 PM
thanks for your input, the main reason i posted. was due to the fact that i had tried these suggestions you mentioned and no solution became evident. hence my post. i am using winxp. avg antivirus. no other protection but for win firewall... basic install. as Mentioned when i run the executable. it errors out. if needed i can provide the error data dump.
HowardHeer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
HowardHeer

Old January 26th, 2008, 07:26 PM
For somthing i paid for, im not getting much help..
HowardHeer is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2008, 01:19 AM
At 08:26 PM 1/26/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
For somthing i paid for, im not getting much help..
Lone Wolf staff members don't monitor the forums on a constant basis. In fact, it's quite sporadic, with long gaps often occurring between the times we check. The forums are a great resource, but they don't replace tech support. If you don't get answers that solve the problem here on the forums, these sorts of problems are best sent directly to tech support. That way, you'll get someone to help you with the problem quickly. We'll then post additional material on the started forum threads when we're next monitoring the forums. That way, you get the problem sorted out quickly and the information still ends up here on the forums.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
KiMonarrez

Old February 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Has this issue been resolved yet? I'm experiencing the exact same thing.
KiMonarrez is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 1st, 2008, 10:45 AM
have you tried the steps listed by Mghel, especially checking the internet option settings as AB uses these for the downloads
harkan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
KiMonarrez

Old March 1st, 2008, 07:15 PM
I disable the auto checking, but I'm not messing with the firewalls. It's my mother-in-law's computer. Anyway, I do that, and usually it works ok for 1-2 more tries, then I get an .exe error. This last time, I couldn't get it to open after uninstalling and reinstalling after lisensing it.
KiMonarrez is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
harkan
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 2nd, 2008, 04:24 AM
The other suggestion is to email the tech support team for LW - the forums aren't checked regularly but the emails are usually responded to in about two working days (I think) - they are only a small team
harkan is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Win

Old March 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I faced the same problem. Already e-mailed to the tech support. However, if anyone knows how to fix the problem please post on forum, so other people can read.
Win is offline   #10 Reply With Quote