Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

marroon69

Old October 4th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Anyone figure out a way to get custom print outs? I really dislike the base one and I do not like using the online console. Just wondering?
marroon69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old October 10th, 2019, 06:30 PM
I second this! The character sheet for print out is absolutely horrible.
mastratton is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old October 11th, 2019, 06:02 AM
I've submitted a bug report as it's unusable (in my opinion) and missing information (fact). I've had no response other than the automated one. The previous version had all the info and I don't know what was wrong with it.
flyteach is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mastratton

Old October 13th, 2019, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
I've submitted a bug report as it's unusable (in my opinion) and missing information (fact). I've had no response other than the automated one. The previous version had all the info and I don't know what was wrong with it.
Same here. I only got the automated reply and nothing since. I don’t know why they changed the output to the garbage it is now, but that’s precisely what it is. At Gen Con, HLO went down in the middle of a multi-table special. I had a printed copy, but it no details on gear, etc. What a waste.
mastratton is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Larathiel

Old October 18th, 2019, 07:34 AM
I'd like to see XML and CSV output options so that we can take character data from HLO and import it into other other programs like Excel, World Anvil, etc. and then design our own layouts.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to design, save, and share our own printout templates on HLO, but I'd prefer something graphical as opposed to the burdensome method required in HL Classic.
Larathiel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old October 18th, 2019, 10:51 AM
Not to poke an anthill that doesn't need to be disturbed yet, maybe I'm just not too demanding or maybe I haven't played enough to highlight any needs, but what is so bad about the current output? Has anyone made rough draft sketches of the layouts you want?

While I have programmed before, I have never tried to make a web-based graphical report writer, but I dare say I think that would take more effort than most of HLO so far. Admittedly, I do not know. But I do know, whatever the layout, someone is not going to be happy.

But in any case, I'm glad they do not look like the official character sheets from Paizo.
wynlyndd is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old October 18th, 2019, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure it matters what it looks like so much as actually having all the information the old version used to have in a single document. I can say that the old version (prior to June?) had all the information needed to play a character from a printout, which the current printout is incapable of.
flyteach is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
wynlyndd

Old October 19th, 2019, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
I'm not sure it matters what it looks like so much as actually having all the information the old version used to have in a single document. I can say that the old version (prior to June?) had all the information needed to play a character from a printout, which the current printout is incapable of.
What's missing? I haven't noticed anything missing
wynlyndd is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old October 19th, 2019, 05:11 PM
One of the (many) PDFs is labeled "Abilities and Gear" but only shows abilities.
flyteach is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
DarkFlite

Old November 4th, 2019, 10:10 AM
The information on spells seems to be incomplete, the printed copy doesn't list the DC, hit modifier, and often doesn't have the full description.

Also it would be nice if the print function generated a single PDF instead of a half dozen!
DarkFlite is offline   #10 Reply With Quote