Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old May 2nd, 2014, 05:43 AM
It would be nice to be able to create a pin, then reveal an area of the map and link it to the pin.

Then the reveal status could be toggled.

Then large areas of the map could be revealed very quickly.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:01 AM
Oh, I like that concept! +1 to this.
gloranphile is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
I like it too. +1
mirtos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
+1 for this

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:33 PM
+1 here, too.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old May 2nd, 2014, 03:40 PM
I like the concept of this but the trick will be matching the size of the map area (and what the visible scale is) to the pin. I suppose you could somehow just reveal a section and then have some way to pin that particular area but that sure seems complex to program. On the other hand, some of the stuff in RW also seems impossible to do to me so who knows what other miracles are possible.

+1
Gord is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 2nd, 2014, 06:34 PM
i would think if you predefined the selection after selecting the pin (theres another thread about doing that with a polygon tool, then the database would simply have to have a list of the pixels revealed and tie it to a pin. the only problem with this, is this could end up being quite a large table. so maybe in this case, it would be limited to squares, or circles, something that can be easily programatically defined?
mirtos is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
i would think if you predefined the selection after selecting the pin (theres another thread about doing that with a polygon tool, then the database would simply have to have a list of the pixels revealed and tie it to a pin.
I would think that's the easiest way of doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirtos View Post
the only problem with this, is this could end up being quite a large table. so maybe in this case, it would be limited to squares, or circles, something that can be easily programatically defined?
I hadn't thought about the amount of data needed to remember this, but if, as you say mirtos, it was restricted to simple shapes, you could vastly reduce the data. Squares could be Start x,y to End x,y, and circles could be x,y Radius.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 3rd, 2014, 02:45 AM
Actually, I'm an idiot. When I wrote this, I was busy at work. Even complex polygons wouldnt be that bad.

A polygon of 13 lines has 13 end points, so its 13 x,y cordinates, with an order of the drawing, in whatever table, and then the reveal can be saved.
mirtos is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
+1

No wait...

+3!
lifer4700 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote