Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cndblank View Post
Will we be able to use supplemental material to create personal content?

What is the point, if I can't take a piece of gear or an NPC from an adventure or supplement and make changes to it so it will fit my game better or use it as the basis of a new piece of gear or NPC?

Thanks
If you want to copy something you're not allowed to save, I find it easiest to open two copies of Hero Lab, and open the editor in each copy. Then, you can open the un-savable item in one editor, and in the other copy, create a "New (Blank)" item in that tab. Then, you can Alt-Tab between the two editors, copying all the settings from the un-savable item to the blank item.
Mathias is online now   #21 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 5th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Also will there be a place for GMs' share NPCs?
A stable of good NPCs (with a well laid out character sheet and a small combat sheet with weapon and spell info) would be a major help to any GM.
Post them in this forum if you have some you want to share.
Mathias is online now   #22 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 5th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Will we be able to use supplemental material to create personal content?

What is the point, if I can't take a piece of gear or an NPC from an adventure or supplement and make changes to it so it will fit my game better or use it as the basis of a new piece of gear or NPC?

Thanks
Hero Lab comes with a built in Editor which is accessible from the Tools menu just for the purpose of adding your own content to the datafiles. You can add custom items with the editor to your hearts content

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
cndblank

Old December 5th, 2013, 07:31 PM
If I'm going to spend the money to buy the material twice (PDF/hardcopy then the Herolab), then I want to be able to copy and paste any official NPC, critter, or piece of gear make my changes and go.

If I'm going to have to entering it by hand then why do I need Hero Lab?

I also want to be able to share my shadowrun user content with other Hero Lab users.

A large searchable user created content data base of well written NPCs (and spirits, critters, and gear) in Hero Lab format that I could then customize for my own use would be a very good reason to have Hero Lab. By customize I mean both filing off the number to create a new NPC and putting the NPC in to the format I normally use to run the game.
cndblank is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
cndblank

Old December 5th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I like to see better on the fly modifiers since as a GM I know there is no telling what special modifiers might apply.

For example say a PC or an NPC has a bullet barrier spell sustained. Then I want to be able to note that the character has plus 5 ranged defense against bullets and have the character sheet/stat block display his Ranged Defense as x/x+5 (so 6/11).

I'd want to be able to add an on the fly modifier to almost any value on a character sheet/stat block be it to be printed/displayed as HTML or Text.

It would be nice to be able to set the various character sheets to display both the base stat value and the modified stat value.

Say a character has an increase strength spell sustained on him. I like to see the base strength and the modified strength. So Troll STR 7 plus sustained Increase Strength 4 will display as 7/11. And all stats based on Strength would be adjusted.

I guess if the Troll also had Muscle Replacement 2 then it should show up as 7/9/12.
cndblank is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
If I'm going to spend the money to buy the material twice (PDF/hardcopy then the Herolab), then I want to be able to copy and paste any official NPC, critter, or piece of gear make my changes and go.

If I'm going to have to entering it by hand then why do I need Hero Lab?
I'm sorry, but the purpose of this is to slow down piracy. If someone could just make an immediate copy of material purchased in an add-on, they could quickly go through a product, copying everything in it, and send that copied material to others.

Quote:
I also want to be able to share my shadowrun user content with other Hero Lab users.
Please, go ahead - if you've created something, share it.

Quote:
A large searchable user created content data base of well written NPCs (and spirits, critters, and gear) in Hero Lab format that I could then customize for my own use would be a very good reason to have Hero Lab. By customize I mean both filing off the number to create a new NPC and putting the NPC in to the format I normally use to run the game.
The first thing we need here is the submissions. Then we can start organizing them as a database.
Mathias is online now   #26 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
I like to see better on the fly modifiers since as a GM I know there is no telling what special modifiers might apply.

For example say a PC or an NPC has a bullet barrier spell sustained. Then I want to be able to note that the character has plus 5 ranged defense against bullets and have the character sheet/stat block display his Ranged Defense as x/x+5 (so 6/11).

I'd want to be able to add an on the fly modifier to almost any value on a character sheet/stat block be it to be printed/displayed as HTML or Text.

It would be nice to be able to set the various character sheets to display both the base stat value and the modified stat value.

Say a character has an increase strength spell sustained on him. I like to see the base strength and the modified strength. So Troll STR 7 plus sustained Increase Strength 4 will display as 7/11. And all stats based on Strength would be adjusted.

I guess if the Troll also had Muscle Replacement 2 then it should show up as 7/9/12.
Have you tried the Adjust tab? I know we're missing some things on that list - if you see something missing, please tell us, so we can put it on our to-do list.
Mathias is online now   #27 Reply With Quote
Dgrm44

Old December 6th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazutti View Post
Would anyone else be interested in an add-on that also tracked combat? Track initiatives, built-in dice rolls (optional), track any effects, etc?
Absolutely, 100% YES!
Dgrm44 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrm44 View Post
Absolutely, 100% YES!
Dgrm44, as I asked bazutti, have you looked at the Tactical Console for Shadowrun 4? What would you want added in 5th that's not currently handled?
Mathias is online now   #29 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old December 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Any idea on when we can start throwing money at you guys?
nylanfs is offline   #30 Reply With Quote