Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 16th, 2009, 09:05 AM
fubukii they are in the armybuilder updates mechanism, you should be able to find them there

thx for the bug reports everyone, i will look at them over the holidays when i have more spare time :~)
robert is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakisoba View Post
With the introduction of half points, it appears that the points column on the sheet portion of the list is rounding up. For example, adding shields to a unit of 25 clanrats shows as 13 points on the sheet but 12.5 on the roster status window.
this is a problem with armybuilder :~( either you have 1 decimal place everywhere, or nowhere. i reported it and they said that they would try and fix it in armybuilder 3.3 :~(
robert is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Kadrium

Old December 16th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Clan Rats apparently have a 5+ save, though should only have a 6+ with their light armor.

Pic of such
Kadrium is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
babyberg

Old December 16th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
fubukii they are in the armybuilder updates mechanism, you should be able to find them there

thx for the bug reports everyone, i will look at them over the holidays when i have more spare time :~)
Well, I think I'm in the same situation here. My armybuilder atomatic update is over, and I can't download the update manually. In fact I can't find it... Could you put a link in the topic or something, thanks a lot!
babyberg is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
hakoMike

Old December 16th, 2009, 11:35 AM
datafilecentral.com hosts a lot of data files. Try there.
hakoMike is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old December 16th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubukii View Post
am i the only one who cant find these files ?
Apparently. Have you tried starting Army Builder? The auto-update found it for me just fine.

As for feedback: I think either the Stormvermin or the Clanrats aren't calculating saves right; when I give both units a shield, they end up with the same save, despite one having light armour and the other having heavy.
Edit: Looks like the Clanrats are getting an extra +1 from somewhere. I calculate the light armour (6+) and shield (+1) should give a total save of 5+ or 4+ in combat (shield/hand weapon bonus) and AB is telling me Clanrats which have shields are getting 4+/3+ in the save column.

Last edited by Mr_Rose; December 16th, 2009 at 01:40 PM.
Mr_Rose is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
fubukii

Old December 16th, 2009, 05:02 PM
well my auto update expired when i brought AB years ago. thanks for the direct link!
fubukii is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
babyberg

Old December 17th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
Couple of things I have found. I do understand that creating this data file without an official FAQ or errata is most difficult given the poorly worded and vaguely structured grammar of the 7th edition Skaven book. I honestly do appreciate the effort you have put in as I am sure there were very many head scratching moments.

1. Warlords cannot be given magic armor like the enchanted shield and should be able to.
2. Storm banner is not one use only (please dont turn this into a debate thread. Until a FAQ is released the english version is not one use only. If you have an actual link to an official GW ruling please post one).
3. Warlord mount Pox rat should increase the unit strength value by 1.
4. The Screaming bell and Plague Furnace should increase Unit Strength by 6 not 4 as they are both mounts for the Grey Seer and Plague Priest respectively
I've also found something about Jezzails. They are no more skirmisher It's bad, but yeah... So it should be changed....And I don't know if it's worth to mention it, but the plague censer have the special rule called : ''plague disciples'', so it might be good to ad it into special.

And thanks hakoMike for the link, it helped me a lot!

And also, thanks a lot Robert, so much time saved, I really appreciate your effort for giving us armybuilder files that fast!
babyberg is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
hakoMike

Old December 17th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Here are a couple workarounds to issues until Robert gets time to work on an update. I strongly recommend people start to learn how AB works. It's an interesting system.

First, load skaven.dat in ABCreator and then do the following:

In the "options" tab, select bskMagcArm and click "Live" (in the upper right). Erase the text "val:runtime.Magic = 0", click OK then click Save in the lower left. This fixes the fact that some characters can't take magic armor, but it enables magic armor for ALL characters. Be legal.

In the "Unit" tab, select bskPlagMn. In the tag group area, click "New" and select "Stuff - Skaven - id: BSkavStuff" for the "tag group" and "ClanPest" for the "tag", then click OK and Save. This fixes Plague Monks being able to take the plague banner.

In unit tab, select skClanrats and change save (lower right) to 6

Finally, save the data file and reload the game system in army builder.

Last edited by hakoMike; December 17th, 2009 at 05:54 AM.
hakoMike is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
hakoMike

Old December 17th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakisoba View Post
With the introduction of half points, it appears that the points column on the sheet portion of the list is rounding up. For example, adding shields to a unit of 25 clanrats shows as 13 points on the sheet but 12.5 on the roster status window.
The half points are working. If you take two units of 25 clanrats with shield and full command, the point cost for each should be 132.5, even though AB shows 133 for each. In the army total, however, the total is 265.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you were saying it wasn't working correctly. I see now.
hakoMike is offline   #20 Reply With Quote