Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Waterdragon33

Old December 19th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Since a few updates ago, Spot Check and Search appears as a skill. How do I get rid of them?
Waterdragon33 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old December 20th, 2017, 12:26 PM
By default these skills are not in pathfinder as Perception takes those fields. What user content are you using?

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Waterdragon33

Old December 21st, 2017, 02:30 PM
it used to not appear for my PC, but since a few updates ago, it is default now. What setting should I check?
Waterdragon33 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 21st, 2017, 03:05 PM
There's hundreds of possibilities - as DeltaMasterMind asked, could you please tell us what user content you have - that lets us narrow it down.

In the Tools menu, choose "Manage Third Party Updates" to see the list.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Waterdragon33

Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:00 PM
Thank you, Mathias. I did that and it say "No third-party updates are registered for this game system"
Waterdragon33 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:42 PM
In that case, you've got loose files floating around. In the Tools menu, choose "Explore Folders" and then "Game System Data Folder". Find all the files in that folder with the .user extension, and move them temporarily out of that folder (to the desktop, or to a new folder you create somewhere that's easy to find).

Then, you can move them back in, one or two at a time, and each time you do, within HL, choose "Quick reload data files" from the Develop menu (which requires "Enable Data File Debugging" to be turned on at the very top of that menu.

That way, you can isolate which file the problem is coming from - if you don't need anything else in that file, then you can just get rid of it, or we can help you clean up the file so it doesn't add the search and spot check thing, but does still have whatever else in there you wanted to keep.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote