Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

gkgnight

Old December 31st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofTeeth View Post
I'm finding that Dwarf Longbeard rangers can not be given Throwing Axes.

Here is the reference: p. 53 of Dwarf army book says that Dwarf Warriors or Longbeards that are upgraded to Rangers may additionally be armed with Throwing Axes for 1 point per model.
also fixed this bug. it should also be out in the next published update for warhammer fantasy. Keep the bugs coming.
gkgnight is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 3rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
I'm having a serious issue with Runesmiths and Rune lords not having their rune options listed correctly (get ? instead of option buttons). This just showed up recently and may relate to the failed attempt to migrate to 3.3 and reinstall 3.2. The same issue arises for Thanes and Dawrf Lords.

Last edited by sdhakala; January 3rd, 2011 at 08:37 AM.
sdhakala is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Edzig

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Exactly the same thing has happened with me for all Dwarf characters. I've sent a message to Lone Wolf support about it, but only at the weekend, so I've not yet had any response.
Edzig is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:50 PM
what OS are you guys using? Because armybuilder 3.3 creates hidden files in windows 7 in the c:\programdata\armybuilder\data\wh8\ folder regardless of what directory you wish to install AB into. I would suggest you uninstall teh game, then make the armybuilder folder in the above directory no longer 'read only'

from then, i'd delete the fodler so you can do a fresh install.... but... if you delete the wrong folder you wills eriously screw up your compter. So maek sure you only delete the armbuilder folder and not the preceeding ones.
gkgnight is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 4th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm running on Windows XP due to network administrator not wanting to update and on a relatively new Dell laptop. Still cannot get the dwarf files to work right after reinstalling AB3.2 off a setup file on my hard drive I located. I cannot find AB3.2 on your Internet site to do a fresh install and 3.3 is just creating too many problems with the use of files in My Documents and my network syncing files between laptop and a network drive until the bugs are fixed.

Tried the above and reinstalled AB 3.3 and it still does not work in that it fails to find the dwarf runes for characters and gives just ?.

Last edited by sdhakala; January 4th, 2011 at 02:21 PM.
sdhakala is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
gkgnight

Old January 4th, 2011, 02:52 PM
have yout ried to update the warhammer fantasy 8th editiond atafiles? perhaps they got corrected during the failed install. Also, are you getting any access violation errors? I know that 3.3 for AB has been creating many issues over multiple Operating systems.

Have you been noticing any errors for any other army's data files or is it jsut the dwarves?
gkgnight is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Edzig

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I've got no other problems with other WFB armies (using Skaven, Tomb Kings and High Elves).

My computer set up is not 'bog standard'. I'm running AB on Windows 7, but the Windows 7 machine is a virtual machine running on an Apple Mac with Parallels Desktop version 6. No problems with any other software though, so I think the problem is in the Army Builder not the set up.
Edzig is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
sdhakala

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I'm now running AB 3.2 after 3.3 worked half the time and crashed half the time. I installed and uninstalled 3.2 and then reinstalled the WHFB 8th edition game file version 1.11 and have had no luck resolving the dwarf character runes issue. My dark elf and other army rosters I've checked so far seem to be working correctly, but not dwarf characters. Just ? marks where the rune check boxes should be. It probably has something to do with the datafile looking in the wrong place for a file or reference that is missing but I can't figure out what it is.

I am now running 3.3a successfully after figuring out that one needs to make sure that My Documents is pointing to a folder on my c: drive instead of a network drive (right clicked on My Documents and restored default reference). Also, one must select a rune type and then when it shows up under the character in red then click on it and it then shows the available runes for that rune type.

Last edited by sdhakala; January 9th, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
sdhakala is offline   #18 Reply With Quote