Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Farling

Old April 8th, 2019, 11:10 PM
Just for future reference, the numbered parts of a topic are called Sections.

A Category is the type of topic template you're using, such as "Planetary body"

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 8th, 2019, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbritt View Post
OK, that helps. So, I guess I should go through every Topic BEFORE I add it and make sure the structure is to my liking before I create a new entry. Boy, that helps tremendously with the clutter... I have to say that is one of the greatest downfalls of Realmworks; the clutter.

Personally, I am starting to become a minimalist DM when it comes to preparation. So it makes me very happy that I can FOCUS on ONLY the information I want to keep track of.

Thanks Guys!
You can revise existing topics and articles AFTER changing the structure. When view a topic, bring up the Options menu for that topic and you'll find a submenu named "Quick Edit Content" (or similar). Within it, you'll find an option to "Synchronize Structure with Category" (or similar). This will revamp the topic structure to match what you've newly defined.

If you have a lot of topics that you want to revise the structure of, you can employ a trick to convert them all in bulk instead of one at a time. In Manage Categories, create a copy of the current category. For the old category, show the Options menu and choose the option to "Move All Topics to Category" (or similar). Then modify the old category to the new structure you want to use. Then select the copied category, show the Options menu, and move all the topics from that category back to the original one. At this point, all the existing topics will be revised to use the new structure you defined. And you can delete the no longer needed temporary category.

I recommend creating a "test" realm where you can play around with these various tricks and experiment with the structure until it's just what you want. Then you can apply the appropriate changes to your main realm(s).

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
dmbritt

Old April 9th, 2019, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Just for future reference, the numbered parts of a topic are called Sections.

A Category is the type of topic template you're using, such as "Planetary body"
Ok, I see now. That is the confusion. Where I am saying Category I mean Section. So, specifically I am referring to the Section Structure in a Category. So, I should have said in Category: Planetary Body I don't want Section #3: Notable NPCs to appear because for my purposes it is out of context.

Sorry guys I made that more confusing than was needed.

And, thanks Rob I am definitely going to play around with a few test realms before I commit to data input.
dmbritt is offline   #13 Reply With Quote