Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Romaq

Old May 13th, 2013, 03:23 AM
It would be skippy if there was a toggle option on the main games menu for hide/ show downloaded games. I don't expect to ever play them, yet they make it so my games menu must scroll.

It is also useful to have the games menu 'sort' by last used. Suppose I check some of those games out. Hell, suppose I play EVERY SINGLE ONE, just not often. A sort by last used would at least help keep the hot stuff in easy reach.
Romaq is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 13th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Try increasing the size of your Hero Lab window - the "Select Game" form is limited in size by the Hero Lab window, so if you make that bigger you should have more space.

Hiding games that you haven't downloaded is something that's on our to-do list that we hope to implement in a future version of Hero Lab.

Sorting by "last used" isn't good for usability, because then you lose the ability to predict which games are in which order; Microsoft tried something similar to that with their menu items in Office 2003 (I think), but it just made the menus more confusing, because you could no longer predict which items would show up where.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old May 13th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Another option, which I utilise at every HL update, is to delete the unused game system folders from the hero lab installation folder.

This removes the options from the start screen and makes it nice and compact.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old May 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks Bodrin,

Simple solution to a minor annoyance...
Grey Mage is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Romaq

Old June 8th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Another option, which I utilise at every HL update, is to delete the unused game system folders from the hero lab installation folder.

This removes the options from the start screen and makes it nice and compact.
I didn't get back to this until just now. Cool! I should have thought of that. At first I thought I'd be all cool and download EVERYTHING, even if I didn't buy the license, because... why not?

Well, be careful what you ask for, because then you might get it all, and then some you do not want.

I'll spring for the 'delete unused game folder', and spare my eyes of "OMG GAMES!" Cheers!
Romaq is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bodhizen

Old June 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Or the sizes of the game selection buttons could be decreased... Just a thought.
Bodhizen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote