Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 25th, 2007, 06:01 PM
At 07:59 PM 5/15/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Brian...when was the last update to army builder released?
I do not think there has been an update between May 06 to May 07 (my year).

I have been really hoping there would be more printing options.
For example like being able to print out cards in stead of the sheets
and a more flexible way of using color..
The last update to AB was V3.1, which occurred shortly before you started using AB. We had planned to have a V3.2 update right about now, which was after Hero Lab was completed. Unfortunately, Hero Lab was a more complex project than we anticipated, so we're now behind schedule. We definitely have a bunch of stuff mapped out for a V3.2 update, but it won't happen until a bit later this year.

Custom printing sizes and the like will NOT be something that users can readily do on their own. It will require writing your own complex scripts within the data files to do it, which means few users would actually leverage the ability, and I doubt too many authors would include card output with the various data files. Adding support for this would be very time-consuming from a development standpoint, and we've had maybe three requests for something like this in the past few years. Since not a lot of users would be able to leverage this ability, it's not something that we have on the todo list for V3.2.

You say you want "a more flexible way of using color". What would that look like? How would it work? What would be "more flexible"? We need to have some concrete idea of what you want to have any chance of being able to add it, so please describe this in as much detail as possible.

-Rob
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
dsteffen

Old May 25th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Quote:
You say you want "a more flexible way of using color". What would that look like? How would it work? What would be "more flexible"? We need to have some concrete idea of what you want to have any chance of being able to add it, so please describe this in as much detail as possible.
How about if a something changes out of the normal.. Example I add a +2 sword to my warlord the changes in that line would be in red.

Or how about stripes the run thru the columns of a page so you can easily track a special ablilty For example I have a movement that runs thru the whole page in a single column how about allowing that column to be a different color or maybe have about all the columns being able to be changed.

If you want and example of what I am talking about I could photoshop something up for you.
dsteffen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 30th, 2007, 12:02 PM
At 09:26 PM 5/25/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

How about if a something changes out of the normal.. Example I add a +2 sword to my warlord the changes in that line would be in red.
This is something that is up to the data file author and can currently be done in the data files. It's not something that can (or could) be controlled by the user.

Quote:
Or how about stripes the run thru the columns of a page so you can easily track a special ablilty For example I have a movement that runs thru the whole page in a single column how about allowing that column to be a different color or maybe have about all the columns being able to be changed.
So you want to highlight selected columns? I guess we could add that, but authors could also implement this if they wanted.

Is this something that users would generally like to see added?

Quote:
If you want and example of what I am talking about I could photoshop something up for you.
That would be helpful to ensure that I'm understanding you correctly.

-Rob
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote