Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ledeir

Old February 26th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Howdy
First off let me say how pleased I was to see you had functionality for Season 4 contacts.

What I wanted to know was if there were any plans for backporting the old SRM3 and even 2 contacts as well.

Or should I share my files when I finish?

I know most people have moved on to SRM4... But some of us are still in the past

J.R.
ledeir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2012, 02:01 PM
You may want to wait until the contacts from Runner's Companion and Runner's Toolkit are added to HL - those may cover a good percentage of what you're looking for.

I just pulled the 1992 version of contacts off my shelf, and at least 50% of the contacts there are in one of those two books.

You are welcome to share that sort of material, though.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 27th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Ledier is talking about the Season 3 Shadowrun Missions contacts such as Peace Man and the like from the NYC campaign setting prior to the Seattle one which the contacts for are in HL now.
cryptoknight is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old February 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Exactly.
I was also thinking of adding some of the custom rewards as well... Like "The Brownstone", the "Aztechnology Classified SIN", etc.
Since I run all the missions, I have fairly easy access for porting them into HL, all it takes is the time to copy and paste...
(though time is hard to find)
ledeir is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
If you'd like to enter those, I'd be happy to take a look at it, and see about including them in HL. I hadn't found any material on Catalyst's website for previous seasons when I found the season 4 material and I'm not familiar with what sort of special awards are given out in missions (and I'm afraid that right now, I need to concentrate on the rest of the core supplement material, rather than researching what needs to be covered to support previous season play).
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Don't worry about looking into it, you already answered my question.
You aren't familiar with it, therefore there aren't any plans to implement it (yet).
I fully support you focusing on the core material!
I'll use this as a bit of extra motivation to get it update it myself faster.
Thanks.
ledeir is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old February 27th, 2012, 07:36 PM
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3-...TXpObUN3MVEtUQ

All the season 3 contacts have been entered...
I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to enter the Season 2 ones, but if people want them let me know...
ledeir is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 28th, 2012, 09:09 AM
May I recommend that you create a new source, like the "Season 4 Contacts" and put all these within that source? That way, users can choose whether they want to see these characters or not - so those who are playing a character they originally created in season 3 and are now playing in season 4 can check both sets of contacts, and a person whose home game is set in NY (and whose GM allows them) can activate just these contacts without also having to activate the SRM rules?

When you're looking at the sources list, move your mouse over the (?) to the right of "Shadowrun Missions" (it's greyed out - the header for both "Shadowrun Missions Organized Play Character" and "Season 4 Contacts") - you'll see that it's Id is "Mission". Also look at Season 4 Contacts, and you'll see its Id is "ContactS4"

Next, choose the "-New Source-" option at the very top, and click OK.

Change the Parent Source to "Mission" so that your new source will be in the same grouping as the other missions sources. Then type "Season 3 Contacts" as the name and "ContactS3" as the Source Unique Id.

Then, save that contact, and press the "Test Now!" button at the top left. The new source you've created will now be available to select on all the other contacts.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
ledeir

Old February 28th, 2012, 09:14 AM
That's useful! I had wanted to do something like that but didn't have the chance to look into how yet. (I haven't done much editing)
Thanks
I'll do that and update it.
ledeir is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 28th, 2012, 10:01 AM
ledeir, what I'd do is create the source, and add one contact to it.

Then close the editor (saving of course) and copy paste the xml tag via notepad from one contact to the next. Much much faster.
cryptoknight is offline   #10 Reply With Quote