Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

saydrekoth

Old September 29th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Hi all,

First off, this application rocks. I run a multi-genre table top game and makes my life so much easier. However, I'm running into a possible issue. Well either that or I'm blind.

When printing my character sheets, I notice that the dice rolls that I chose in the Traits and Rolls summary tab are no longer appearing even if I only chose the ones I want to display.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks,
Saydren Koth
saydrekoth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old October 1st, 2009, 10:08 AM
I'm noticing additional problems in the output text display feature (plain text, HTML, and BBCode display options). It seems that a lot of the information that used to display is no longer displaying, such as Defense, Speed, Initiative, etc. Also, the merits aren't displaying properly. An error popped up, "Error during invocation of subroutine: [sbmerits]."

I don't want to hijack your error report, but it's possible that these two errors are related.
Noctivagus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
saydrekoth

Old October 3rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
No worries mate. Its very possible they are related.
saydrekoth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saydrekoth View Post
When printing my character sheets, I notice that the dice rolls that I chose in the Traits and Rolls summary tab are no longer appearing even if I only chose the ones I want to display.
A couple of releases ago, I added the option for a separate sheet listing all the traits and rolls. When I did this, it seemed redundant to put the rolls on both sheets. So there is now a configuration setting to control whether all the rolls are shown on the first page. On the Configure Character form, click the little clipboard icon to change the settings. Once in there, check the "Fill Empty Space with Rolls" option under "Output Settings". Then you'll get the old behavior. This was mentioned in the FAQ with the release notes, but I guess I didn't point it out anywhere here on the forums.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctivagus View Post
I'm noticing additional problems in the output text display feature (plain text, HTML, and BBCode display options). It seems that a lot of the information that used to display is no longer displaying, such as Defense, Speed, Initiative, etc. Also, the merits aren't displaying properly. An error popped up, "Error during invocation of subroutine: [sbmerits]."
If you get an error during merits, then all the stuff after them will be dropped from the output, so that explains why the content is disappearing. What doesn't make sense is that you're seeing that error. I can't reproduce it with anything I've tried on this end. So I need you to send me a copy of the portfolio that is causing this problem. Please send it to me at the address: helpdesk at wolflair.com. (I inserted spaces to avoid getting lots of new spam at that address.)
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Noctivagus

Old November 9th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I know you guys are busy, but I was just curious if there was a projected date for a fix to the bug I listed above. I received your email saying you had a possible fix. I use HeroLab to manage my characters for a forum game, and I have several characters I need to post up, but can't due to how it truncates the merits and all information following them.

Thanks for all your hard work! It's very much appreciated!
Noctivagus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I should get an update out that includes this fix by the end of the week. Sorry for the delay, but things have been nuts around here.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote