Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

nightpanda2810

Old June 8th, 2018, 03:57 AM
First off, I considered posting this in the HLO thread, however since HLO currently has no version of PF I thought it fit best here.

It was announced at Paizocon that Hero Lab Online will be supporting the playtest at launch. I imagine LW is planning on announcing this here soon, however I thought a few questions before that announcement was finalized would be a good idea.

1. I'm guessing it will not be free. Assuming this is true, will the purchase of the playtest licensing count as the full version when it comes out?

2. Will gamemastering be available? I'm referring to the tactical console here (unsure if it's available for SF as I don't play that.)
nightpanda2810 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Medriev

Old June 8th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Came here to find out more detail about the Playtest announcement and very disappointed it will be HL Online. I've bought the Starfinder package and I really don't like it. The screen layout is badly organised and whilst the functionality has improved over time it is still prone to hanging and crashing when I try to amend things.

If this is the future of Pathfinder's links with Hero Lab then this is where we part company I'm afraid. It's a shame as I love Hero Lab classic but I won't shell out more money for what I consider to be an inferior product.
Medriev is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 8th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Note that previous "playtests" of Paizo PF material have been free (Demo) on HL up until the release of the finished product. For example: Advanced Class Guide. I'd expect any HL playtest of PF2 to also be free.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old June 9th, 2018, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Note that previous "playtests" of Paizo PF material have been free (Demo) on HL up until the release of the finished product. For example: Advanced Class Guide. I'd expect any HL playtest of PF2 to also be free.
Good to know I only started about 2 years ago.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
bigbear62

Old July 1st, 2018, 03:29 PM
I've not heard anything good about the online. Personally I wont support it. LOVE herolab and use it everyweek at the game. I've purchased several of the add ons and it works wonderfully. If 2nd edition doesnt come out in the same fashion as 1st I doubt seriously Ill be sticking around
bigbear62 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kaintheseeker

Old July 14th, 2018, 07:49 AM
PLEASE do not use HLO. Not till it’s not more stable. I have been using for my starfinder game and while it’s improved it is NOT what I would call stable. (It crashed on my six time in 3 hours and no other online content had issues (Discord, messenger, iMessage, etc))
kaintheseeker is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old July 15th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Our group uses Pathfinder, not Starfinder.
From what has been released on Pathfinder 2e, it's doubtful we'll switch.

Once HLO supports Pathfinder 1e, we'll give it a shot.
A lot of the features, especially allowing a VTT to query/poll the HLO URL for currently active buffs, etc, so the VTT has the active stats for something... well, that will be sexy as hell.

Not playing Starfinder, I haven't checked out HLO in a while. As with any software, it starts somewhere and improves over time, both as bugs are fixed and new features added.
Ualaa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote