Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

jbearwillis

Old September 28th, 2020, 06:21 PM
Eldritch Weapon
At 1st level, you gain the ability to craft a simple magic gun and are granted the materials to construct one pistol or rifle, or two light pistols, by your patron. To construct another gun, you must collect iron and brimstone worth as much as the weapon (see the "Guns" section below).
You are proficient with guns and your eldritch weapons are fueled by chaotic magics from your patron, and so will not fire for anyone but you. When you attack with an eldritch weapon you have crafted, you can choose to use
your Dexterity or Charisma modifier for your attack rolls.

I have it always showing the charisma Mod instead of the Dex mod for the damage, and I have it set up to activate the attack bonus from dexterity to charisma if so desired, but is there a way to show the extra dice to the weapon, instead of the mod, when and if the charisma Mod goes up or down... I would really love to get this programed in the program. I am not sure if there is a way do it or not with out having to do it by adjustments, or the player would just have to look at their bonus and then figure it out themselves.... Any help would be Appreciated, Thanks.... I know it is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to ask....

The chaotic nature of your weapon leads it to function unpredictably. Instead of adding your Dexterity modifier to its damage rolls, your weapon deals additional damage determined by your Charisma modifier. If you would gain
additional fixed damage modifiers such as from a magical weapon or the Sharpshooter feat, that damage is also added as Chaos Damage (see table).

Chaotic Damage
Damage Modifier____________ Additional Damage
+1 or less_______________________+1d2
+2_____________________________+1d4
+3_____________________________+1d6
+4_____________________________+1d8
+5_____________________________+1d10
+6_____________________________+1d12
+7__________________________+1d10 + 1d4
+8__________________________+1d10 + 1d6
+9__________________________+1d10 + 1d8
+10____________________________+2d10
+11_________________________+1d10 + 1d12
+12__________________________+2d10 + 1d4

Last edited by jbearwillis; September 30th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old October 2nd, 2020, 06:55 AM
You would need to have a script on the class feature that runs post-attribute so that you have a final modifier from charisma (like post-attribute/10000 timing or later phase).

In that script you would need to check your attribute modifier with the #attrmod and some if statements and apply your dice to the weapon that you would have to find with the hero.childfound method.

You could look at the scripts in the Hex Warrior ability or the Improved Pact Weapon of the Hexblade for some examples of how to pick the weapon.

A simpler example to get you started might be:

if (#attrmod[aCHA] = 1) then
hero.childfound[weapon_ID].field[wDamExtra].text &= "+ 1d2 chaos "
endif
if (#attrmod[aCHA] = 2) then
hero.childfound[weapon_ID].field[wDamExtra].text &= "+ 1d4 chaos "
endif
etc....

The reason I suggest looking at the Hex Warrior/Improved Pact Weapon is that they show you how to create a dropdown to find your chosen or created weapon. I'm pretty sure there is also an activation in that ability to turn on/off charisma too.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old October 2nd, 2020, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the help, to get started, that should get my brain working....
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote