Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Krothos

Old August 21st, 2018, 10:56 AM
Am I understanding this incorrectly? I wouldn't think the speed boost from blessing of fervor would stack with haste or boots of striding and springing?

I equipped a human character with boots of striding and springing, this brought the character's speed to 40. Then adding haste increased it to 60, followed by blessing of fervor makes 90.

"These effects are not cumulative with similar effects..."
Krothos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 22nd, 2018, 03:31 AM
I assume your base speed was 30', +10 for the boots. Haste adds up to 30' to a max of double your base speed - so that hasn't stacked with the boots, it correctly gives a greater bonus. The blessing should not stack with haste. If you added it with an adjustment then that needs re-scripting.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old August 22nd, 2018, 07:02 AM
All the effects are cumulative in my example. However, my player is countering that the speed boost from blessing of fervor is a unnamed bonus, same as the AC bonus, and it should stack with other speed boosts.
Krothos is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old August 22nd, 2018, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
All the effects are cumulative in my example. However, my player is countering that the speed boost from blessing of fervor is a unnamed bonus, same as the AC bonus, and it should stack with other speed boosts.
The bonus type is not mentioned in the description of the spell. But the description does state:
Quote:
These effects are not cumulative with similar effects, such as those provided by haste or a speed weapon, nor do they actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round. Blessing of fervor does not stack with haste.
So the hero lab adjustment is not working correctly, your player is incorrect.
Toblakai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 22nd, 2018, 07:58 AM
I will also note that haste does not add a straight +30 to your base speed. It doubles your base land speed (up to a +30). So a normal halfling with haste has a 40ft move speed.
Minous is offline   #5 Reply With Quote