Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mcgeedis

Old January 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM
So, I basically just bought Hero Lab to help me track my Improved Familiar that I took a feat for at level 7. But the Familiar doesn't appear on the list: a Silvanshee (Agathion). I tried to search the forums to find a way to get this familiar added to the familiar list, and nothing. Well, I shouldn't say nothing, but everything I found was referencing scripts and editors and copies blah blah blah.

Just posting my frustration for buying a product that I thought was one thing but is clearly more geared toward developer types.

If anyone can explain to this 'simple' gamer how I can add the Silvanshee, in a step by step fashion, please feel free to reply to this thread. Otherwise, looks like I am back to a piece of paper and a pencil.
mcgeedis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old January 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
It appears as a selection for me. My guess is one of two things... either you have not purchased the data set for the Bestiary 2, or you have not enabled that source in your configuration.

If you have purchased it, then try this:
  1. In Hero Lab, make sure your wizard character is currently active
  2. Go to the Character menu at the top
  3. Choose Configure Hero
  4. On the right you'll see a list of sources. Make sure the box for Bestiary 2 is checked
  5. Hit OK
  6. Now try adding the Silvanshee as a familiar

Let us know if that doesn't work - there is always someone on these forums that can help you out if you cant' get something to work or just don't understand something!
huntercc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeedis View Post
Just posting my frustration for buying a product that I thought was one thing but is clearly more geared toward developer types.
The product is not, this forum tends to be yes. More questions will be found about the editor and doing custom stuff then just "General" stuff but that is here also.

So its not that the product is meant for developers but 99% of the questions tend to be in that more complicated part of the product is all.

Follow what huntercc and see if it helps. Also my guess would be you didn't pick up "Bestiary 2" which is where that Creature/familiar is from. But try and see if you follow huntercc's instructions if it works.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 10th, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mcgeedis

Old January 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. I posted my grumpy message late last night when trying to configure my character for my DM's review prior to Thursday. I posted a nicer post this AM after a restful sleep. I am using a witch - is it all possible that a Silvanshee isn't available to witches?

I will try what huntercc has recommended and see what that does.

Thanks for replying to this grumpy witch!
mcgeedis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old January 10th, 2012, 05:12 PM
You need to ensure the following:

You have 7 levels of Witch.

If you click on Character at the top, then Configure Hero, you'll need to put a checkbox for Bestiary 2 in the list.

Your alignment should be NG.

You need the Improved Familiar feat.

Those are the requirements to not have Hero Labs throw out compliance notices, but if you just want to ensure that you can add it to your character, simply select the Race of the familiar and then Agathion, Silvanshee from the list.

Attached is a screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg witchsilvanshee.jpg (176.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by enrious; January 10th, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
enrious is offline   #5 Reply With Quote