Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SAbel

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Elemental Empowerment
When you use a wizard power that has the acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder keyword, you add your Strength modifier to damage rolls.
Is not working correctly, it is adding the bonus for attribute plus half level and not just the attribute modifier
SAbel is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Staff of Ruin +3
Is giving an error when the magic item tab is opened, the error deals with printing a card for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruin-staff-error.jpg (153.0 KB, 1 views)
SAbel is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old January 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Half elf race power/knack for success does gives an error which seems as though the player has picked a power that in not permitted no matter what is taken.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halfelf-error.jpg (95.1 KB, 1 views)
SAbel is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
kealist

Old February 11th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I posted this in a separate thread, but I would like to make a case for the program to have separate displays for the basic ability scores and adjusted ability scores.

1. <b>It is not easy to tell where the final ABILITY SCORE comes from.<b> You can see this if you put the mouse cursor over the <i>ABILITY SCORE MODIFIER<i>, but who would think to do that?

In this picture above, the cursor (not shown) is above the +17. It shows the total adding up to 23. That doesn't make sense. It should show the math calculating the +17, right? If I put the cursor over the 23, I this:

It just tells me that I can change the score. I think this should be changed to also show the score calculation. Does that make sense?

2. If you are creating a higher-level character, you can easily run into this issue. I realize it can be figured out, but I think adding another column of BASIC ABILITY SCORES would be beneficial to the UI:

Of course the total of the ability score listed is not under 10, but it's complaining that it is. If it had a column showing the base scores, this would be super intuitive.

This is clear in the WotC Character Builder, but not in Hero Lab's 4e component. Just my opinion though
kealist is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
kealist

Old February 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Bug: Planeshaper Epic Destiny: Ultimate Adaptation feature does not add +2 to Intelligence ability score as it should.
kealist is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
kealist

Old February 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM

The Raven Cloak +5 (probably all of them) doesn't do resistances correctly. At level 19, the resistance is supposed to increase to 10 for cold and necrotic. I imagine the high level increase at 29 doesn't work too.
kealist is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
kealist

Old February 12th, 2012, 01:40 PM
PDF Output Psionic Info looks messy

Look to the right of Initiative -> Psionic Score display is cut off with the box overlapping with "score" below that. I have attached my portfolio if that makes it easier to figure out what is going on.
Attached Files
File Type: email Hadarai (Old Wizard).por (61.7 KB, 1 views)
kealist is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
kealist

Old February 12th, 2012, 01:55 PM
PDF Output: Wizard "Chain Lightning" Power Card info cut off

The font size should probably be scaled just a bit so it fits all on one card.
kealist is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kealist View Post
PDF Output: Wizard "Chain Lightning" Power Card info cut off

The font size should probably be scaled just a bit so it fits all on one card.
This is bug in WotC's Character Builder as well. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but when the power cards have alot of information, their character builder also cuts information off the cards. It is not always Hero Lab's fault, Hero Lab collects the data out of the Compendium site. Sometimes it is the way the Compendium is formatted and not hero lab.

Also did you go through the tutorials in the help file? Most of the time, with any system that Hero Lab works with, going through those tutorials will teach you the tricks you need to know about how things work (Like hovering the mouse over the ability score in question).

Hero Lab does guide you to the tutorials when you first start working with it in most cases. I find some of my own players have not done the tutorials sometimes and I have to refer them there. The user manual is there for finding out information on hero lab.
RavenX is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
kealist

Old February 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
This is bug in WotC's Character Builder as well. I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but when the power cards have alot of information, their character builder also cuts information off the cards. It is not always Hero Lab's fault, Hero Lab collects the data out of the Compendium site. Sometimes it is the way the Compendium is formatted and not hero lab.
Right, that is understandable. As a customer, I'm still going to give my feedback about how I think things should ideally work. Lone Wolf is welcome to listen to my comments or not. I loathe using the character builder, which is why I purchased Hero Lab. I'm sure WotC would not listen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Also did you go through the tutorials in the help file? Most of the time, with any system that Hero Lab works with, going through those tutorials will teach you the tricks you need to know about how things work (Like hovering the mouse over the ability score in question).
I did look at the tutorials, and mouse hovering makes sense. I didn't see anything regarding hovering the mouse above the ability score modifier to see how the ability score was calculated. That is a flaw in UI design. Not a big deal, but I'm going to voice my request for it to be changed.
kealist is offline   #110 Reply With Quote