Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 24th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Last Updated: 2/26/2018
Note: Answers with links came from a Lone Wolf employee and I point back to the original post.
Official Hero Lab Online FAQ

Q1: When buying Starfinder/HLO what does the $35 bucks include?
A: (BJ) When you purchase the core rules, you get free service time (180 days) along with it. After that expires you can choose to pay for 180 days of service at $14.99 or 365 days of service for $24.99.

Q2: HLO is now available for purchase. Does that mean it already supports all the game systems herolab does (such as shadowrun)?
A: (Aaron) HLO currently supports starfinder, we plan to expand it to other systems in the future, but don't have a precise timeline for what systems will happen and when.

Q3: Once Pathfinder has been added to HLO and I transfer my Data sets to HLO when I buy new Data sets is it one purchase for both HLO and classic or do I have to by the data set twice to use on both programs?
A: (Mathias) So long as your purchase is available in both versions of the program its a one time purchase.

Q4: HLO lists that it supports 1 Concurrent Device. How do I get more? How do I use my Hero Lab Classic secondary licenses like it lists in the official FAQ?
A: We do not have an 100% official answer and most likely won't have one until Pathfinder gets moved to HLO. Currently Starfinder HLO supports only a single device.

Q5: So how do things work for those of us who own Herolab Classic? Especially when Pathfinder/Shadowrun support is added?
A: (Ian) For people who already have content purchased for existing game systems in HL Classic, we’ll have a minimal transfer fee (still to be determined) that will cover everything you already have for a game system. You won’t need to repurchase all your content. After that the ongoing pricing will be the same as a normal HLO purchase.
A: (BJ) The cost to transfer will be less than 20 dollars and include 180 days of service access.

Q6: Currently you have to buy service time in either 6 month or 1 year amounts. What about those of us that want month by month payments?
A: (BJ) We've been discussing the possibility of a month to month purchase. I can't promise anything, but it may be something we provide in the future.

Q7: If I stop paying for service time do I lose all access to my characters in HLO?
A: (Ian) If your subscription ends, you won't be able to change your characters, but you'll still be able to access them for viewing, printing, etc (as well as any export functionality once we get to adding that).

Q8: I would really like to save my characters from HLO locally on my own computer. Is this currently possible or coming soon?
A: (Ian) We’re planning to have statblock export, a data blob export that can be imported using a different HLO account (we have a user-unfriendly version of this already for admin purposes), and eventually a formatted JSON export suitable for use by third-party tools.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; February 26th, 2018 at 10:27 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old January 24th, 2018, 10:06 AM
It is not $70 per year. As with HL Classic you have to buy the content. The Starfinder CRB is $34.99 and comes with six month of server usage. Going forward the cost is $2.00/month for the server fee.
wheredoigo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2018, 10:23 AM
That is an oversight in our description and the fault is ours for not catching it. We had initially planned to have server access available for purchase in the store at launch, which explained this, but a last minute issue prevented us from having it up in time. Unfortunately, in all the chaos, no one thought to go add something to the descriptions of what we do have that answered this perfectly understandable question. I apologize for any confusion this has caused!

I will have a lot of official answers up later today.

But wheredoigo is correct. It will not cost $70 a year. It will work like Hero Lab Classic does now only with the addition of server access. When you purchase the core rules, you get free service time along with it. After that expires you can choose to pay for 180 days of service at $14.99 or 365 days of service for $24.99.

Hope that helps!
BJ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 24th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Thanks BJ! I wanted to make sure I passed along the correct information.

Totally understand last minute changes happen.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2018, 06:14 PM
You are most welcome!
BJ is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old January 26th, 2018, 07:04 AM
i see herolab online is now available for purchase.

does that mean it already supports all the game systems herolab does (such as shadowrun)?

If not when will it?

thanks!
adzling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old January 26th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
i see herolab online is now available for purchase.

does that mean it already supports all the game systems herolab does (such as shadowrun)?

If not when will it?

thanks!
HLO currently supports starfinder, we plan to expand it to other systems in the future, but don't have a precise timeline for what systems will happen and when.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old January 27th, 2018, 04:26 PM
So how do things work for those of us who own Herolab Classic? Especially when Pathfinder support is added.
LazarX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old January 27th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
So how do things work for those of us who own Herolab Classic? Especially when Pathfinder support is added.
We don’t have the exact numbers ready yet, but for people who already have content purchased for existing game systems in HL Classic, we’ll have a minimal transfer fee that will cover everything you already have for a game system. You won’t need to repurchase all your content. After that the ongoing pricing will be the same as a normal HLO purchase.
Ian is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2018, 07:55 AM
The cost to transfer will be less than 20 dollars and include 180 days of server access.

Thanks, Ian! You're a great help!
BJ is offline   #10 Reply With Quote