Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
CivilSavage

Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:17 PM
I am interested in using Hero Lab for Savage worlds, including Deadlands.

I have three basic questions:

1. Can I get good support for Deadlands Reloaded?

2. Can I massage the character data on my own into a format that is more useful for me?

3. Can I print out a combat control sheet to manage NPC and player interactions using (gasp) pencils and paper?

I will repeat the questions with a bit more detail :-)

1. Are the character generation options for Deadlands Reloaded supported with add-on files? For example, Arcane Backgrounds (CHI powers) would require some work.
a. What about the additional options which were added with Deadlands: The Flood?
b. If not, are there user-generated files available to support this?
c. If not, how easily can these features be added in by the user? I know that it is possible to program in your own game system, but how about modifying an existing system's (i.e. Savage World's) files.
2. Is there an option to get the character data out in another format? Specifically, if I want to get the data into a spreadsheet using something like comma delimited ascii, etc.

3. Is there a way to print out a sheet that is like the tactical control console? Yes, it is a great tool, but what if I want to work off of paper (or have to)?

From the demo, this looks like an outstanding product. I especially like how well you have thought through the tactical console and the simple and intuitive interface for character generation and improvement. From experience, I know that generating a simple interface for a process like this requires significant work. It isn't always easy to make it easy ;-).

Thanks...
CivilSavage is offline   #1 Reply With Quote