Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sevisin

Old January 10th, 2016, 11:37 PM
Hello,

I'm looking to add Deadly Aim into 3.5. In summary, Deadly Aim is the equivalent of Power Attack for ranged players. I copied the data from Power Attack and modified some of it to work with ranged attack bonus instead of melee attack bonus. However, I'm having difficulty transfering the damage to ranged weapons. Any thoughts?

Here is the Power Attack code
Code:
hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value -= field[hUsed].value
hero.child[Damage].field[tDamPowOne].value += field[hUsed].value
hero.child[Damage].field[tDamPowTwo].value += 2 * field[hUsed].value
I can't find tDamPowOne in the "Find Thing..." menu. I've tried pWedDam, Damage, and pDamBon but non of them work.

Any thoughts?

-S
Sevisin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 11th, 2016, 04:02 AM
hero.child[Damage] does not currently seem to have a field for modifying ranged weapon damage. You can view this child through the Develop - Floating Info Windows menu. So, what you would need to do is use a foreach loop to modify all ranged weapons in your possession.

Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "wCategory.Range?"
 eachpick.field[wDamRanged].value += field[hUsed].value
nexteach
Also, the "Find thing..." menu doesn't find fields, it only finds things (like feats and skills..basically anything you create in the editor).
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 11th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Of course, this is because there is only one damage display in the GUI. Your weapon does X damage, and always defaults to the melee damage. Therefore, there is no way to differentiate ranged damage from melee damage, you just have to apply it manually.

Would this be a good time to ask ShadowChemosh to add a ranged damage field to the GUI, is that possible? Or maybe Colen could entertain the notion? That way ranged damage doesn't get applied to those weapons that can also be used as melee weapons as well and will be displayed separately from the melee damage. Just a thought, not a big deal otherwise.
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 11th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Would this be a good time to ask ShadowChemosh to add a ranged damage field to the GUI, is that possible? Or maybe Colen could entertain the notion? That way ranged damage doesn't get applied to those weapons that can also be used as melee weapons as well and will be displayed separately from the melee damage. Just a thought, not a big deal otherwise.
This is possible and is on the to do list already. So it's coming....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote