Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Atratus

Old January 30th, 2020, 06:37 PM
I updated the content I've been working on, and wanted to put the updated files on the ipad. It showed up twice, 2 different version numbers. I have deleted it both, and put the newest one back on, but whenever I try to create a portfolio I get the following error message:

"File: Mystic Warrior.user (Line 450) - Thing - Duplicate record enountered ('cHelpWit') - found in 'Mystic Warrior.user', 'built-in packages' "

Anybody got any idea what's going on? I have tried deleting the files, etc and it still happens even when it is just the newest file on there. I have searched on google for a solution, but the ones I have found, don't seem to quite fit.

Thanks!
Atratus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 31st, 2020, 02:52 AM
cHelpWit refers to the Witch class. Have you used this same term for your Mystic Warrior or another class in your user file? (On line 450 for example)

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Atratus

Old January 31st, 2020, 04:52 AM
Yeah, is it possible to change the unique id without messing stuff up?
Atratus is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 2nd, 2020, 02:05 PM
Anything that you make yourself has to have a different unique ID than anything else that exists.

I've only used the editor, because a Paizo/Pathfinder book comes out, and there is a new spell or damage reduction combination or skill, and Lone Wolf chooses a logical ID.
However, a third party publisher who offered Hero Lab files has already created something that also uses that same ID.
My most recent example was something like Cr(Psn), probably not exactly that, but Frog God Games had Craft Poison within their Rappan Athuk HL files, while Lone Wolf a few years later added that when it was within a Paizo book.

I edited the FGG file (on both my desktop and laptop, since one is my prep system and the other is taken to gaming) as that will never get an update, while the Lone Wolf one would need to be updated with every release they do.
Also, not sure if I can edit Lone Wolf files directly, or if they're somehow protected.

TLDR - you can edit your unique ID without issue.
I suspect you'd also need to edit anything that points to it, to point to the newer ID instead of your original.
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Atratus

Old February 3rd, 2020, 12:33 PM
I was able to edit it to a different UID, and it worked fine. But now I have a whole different issue that makes no sense because nothing changed between yesterday and today.

I start it up and try to work on one of the class, and it throws these errors:

Linkage pick 'helper' not located for current context
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script '#7') near line 13
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Declare First Level') near line 33
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Declare First Level') near line 40
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Declare First Level') near line 41
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Declare First Level') near line 42
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Declare First Level') near line 43
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Declare First Level') near line 49
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Declare First Level') near line 72
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseClLev' (Eval Script 'Add HP to Hero') near line 28
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'AlignReq' (Eval Script '#1') near line 6
Atratus is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 3rd, 2020, 03:46 PM
Can you share your user file?
Minous is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Atratus

Old February 4th, 2020, 03:22 AM
I will do that as soon as I get off work. I've been trying to add dbz characters to the game (mystic warrior), so the names of the moves are the same as in the show. The one that is acting funny is my attempt to add a Witcher conversion that I found online. The errors only pop up when you're trying to test any changes, but I will add the user file once I get home.
Atratus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 4th, 2020, 05:36 AM
Ah HA, I don't this is an actual issue. Try closing hero lab an reopening it. There has been a known bug with the editor where it will randomly crap out on you. Are you using the x64 version of HL?
Minous is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Atratus

Old February 4th, 2020, 08:50 AM
I am using the 64-bit version. I have tried closing several times.
Atratus is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 4th, 2020, 08:51 AM
Have you closed HL entirely and restarted the program? do you get the error on program load or just when using the test now feature?
Minous is offline   #10 Reply With Quote