Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jinks

Old May 10th, 2012, 01:20 PM
- Crossbow doesn't appear in the Ranged Weapons list, I had to duplicate the Bow entry and use crossbow stats to be able to add a crossbow.
- The Long Sword requires d8 Strength for some unknown reason. Didn't find a fix for this, since it appears all weapons with Str+D8 damage require D8 Strength, although there's no requirement like this in the setting. Hero Lab adds it to the armory, but only with Str+D6 damage
- Minor issue, but some of the Arcane Background: Miracles allow players to pick powers they don't have the rank requirements for, if those are the signature powers. This can be done in HL, but it throws some warnings.
Jinks is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 11th, 2012, 01:11 AM
For the Crossbow - Which Time Periods are selected? A crossbow is a medieval ranged weapon, and should be there if the time period is selected in the Configure Hero window.

For the Longsword - The longsword is rated at Str + d8, which makes it's minimum strength a d8. It's a standard rule for melee weapons in Savage Worlds (Explorer's Edition, p42; Savage Worlds Deluxe, p48). If a character with a Strength die of d6 equips it, they would only get Str + d6 damage because they don't meet the minimum Strength (assuming their Str die is d6).

I'm hoping to get time look into the Signature Power issue this weekend.
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jinks

Old May 11th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
For the Crossbow - Which Time Periods are selected? A crossbow is a medieval ranged weapon, and should be there if the time period is selected in the Configure Hero window.

For the Longsword - The longsword is rated at Str + d8, which makes it's minimum strength a d8. It's a standard rule for melee weapons in Savage Worlds (Explorer's Edition, p42; Savage Worlds Deluxe, p48). If a character with a Strength die of d6 equips it, they would only get Str + d6 damage because they don't meet the minimum Strength (assuming their Str die is d6).

I'm hoping to get time look into the Signature Power issue this weekend.
Medieval was selected, but I tried and it doesn't appear even if I select all time periods, including Modern.

The rule for Longsword it's something I forgot, I was expecting a note in the weapon list in the Hellfrost book, like for the bows (min Str D6 or something)
Jinks is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 12th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Odd. It shows up for me. Does it show up in the Editor if you try to create a copy of a Ranged Weapon?
CapedCrusader is offline   #4 Reply With Quote