Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Truwen

Old January 13th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I am not real sure where to post this so I will put it here.

I am working on a spell list to put into my d20pro campaign. It is taking a very long time for me to simply type each spell into my spells file. So i am looking at an alternative output to simply print a list that would look something like the following.

Spell Name
Spell Name
Spell Name

That is really all I need for this file. This will cut my need to type down to 1 file for defining spells for each class. Less work is always good. If anyone could help me with creating a custom output to generate this list I would be much appreciative.

Thanks.
Truwen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DarokinB

Old January 14th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Hi Truwen. I am sorry, but I don't really understand your question. Are you trying to upload a full spell list of all spells in 3.5e to d20pro? Or are you trying to upload one of your character's spell lists into d20 pro?

If the former, than you might be better off downloading the list from one of the many SRD websites. That will give you a full list of the spells, which may let you do what you want.

If the latter, I am afraid I cannot help you. I had the choice of using Fantasy grounds or D20 pro, and I chose FG. I know that system well, but d20pro I have not given much time to.
DarokinB is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Truwen

Old January 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Thank you DarokinB. I just simply want to create a custom output. I followed the instructions in the manual to edit a file. But my XML skills lack a bit. From my limited knowledge of HTML I was able to figure out what things did what and what sections called to other sections. And was able to modify it enough that I could create a comma delimited list and convert into excel to create the list the way I wanted it.

It is just time consuming to go through the list in hero lab, type out the spell hit enter, next spell for one file (the spells.txt file which is just a list of spells) and then do that again in a different format for the classes.txt file (where you organize by spell level=spell|spell|spell) and so on.

Basically I want a complete list of spells for each class and I know hero lab is the only source I have available that has them all..or at the very least most of them.

I do thank you for the response though, and much appreciate any further suggestions you might be able to share with me.
Truwen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM
You might also consider doing some google searches. Might be a few sites out there with some lists. If you are looking for all spells available in 3.5 I'm afraid HL doesn't have that (yet). Most of the spells have been entered, but there are still some missing. There are also some mistakes in the spell lists of the current version of the community set. I've been working to fix those and will have them ready for the next release.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
From playing around before I was able to use Pathfinder custom outputs in d20. It was not perfect but they did work. So I have a spell list made to print out similar to say an excel sheet. This should work for d20.

You can check it out HERE. After you install you will have to go into the output directory and move the Shadow folder from Pathfinder to d20.

The one thing is that for a say a cleric if the spell is not memorized/prepared it won't show on the output so it won't get printed. Thats just how HL works...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Truwen

Old January 18th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Thanks guys. I expected.the community spells wrre missing some, and I've noticed some errors here and there. I've also googled some lists and compiled then into my list. I am just trying to have as complete a list as possible for my group as far as d20pro is concerned.

sorry for bad grammar I'm typing this from my phone.

thanks for your suggestions as how to proceed with building my lists.
Truwen is offline   #6 Reply With Quote