Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

huntsfromshadow

Old February 28th, 2015, 06:05 AM
Would be great to have a way to convert a selection of text into a table.
This would be really useful to help clean up text after pasting from a pdf.
huntsfromshadow is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Caktus

Old March 1st, 2015, 04:35 AM
Hi,

I think you are asking for a quite demanding feature. The tables copied from pdfs as text are often quite garbled and distorted. You might want to try an office spreadsheet program (for example Microsoft Excel or free Libre Office Calc) since those usually have more advanced text to table features.

Usually I have had to copy tables by hand since the copied text has no table structure.

edit: I found this guide for Excel: http://www.economicsnetwork.ac.uk/tips/pdf2excel From excel the data can be copy-pasted to RW and it will be formatted nicely as a table.

BR, Caktus

Last edited by Caktus; March 1st, 2015 at 04:41 AM.
Caktus is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 1st, 2015, 10:45 AM
I copy/paste to Excel or to Text and then Excel. PDF and web formatting for tables can be...challenging.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old March 4th, 2015, 07:46 AM
@ huntsfromshadow
While this would be a "convenience feature" I think Caktus is quite correct with it also being a large undertaking.

LWD has enough trouble making their goals on features specific to the program (ie game management and base features such as custom calendars and print capabilities).

I would hate to see them tie resources to this when there are other more robust software that (with a bit of "hoop jumping") do a better job than what LWD would take months if not years to produce.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote