Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

eponette

Old April 16th, 2018, 12:45 PM
I need to create a timeline of the world. i have a lot of dates and I'd like to put all information of the past in a time line in order to easily have a vie of what happened (in an area, country, continent, ...)

Any idea how to do it?
eponette is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 16th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Give each incident a topic, conveniently there is a topic for that already. Put the year as the topics name. Put the location where the incident occurred in the suffix. Create tags for every location as well so you can search for them and make sure to apply the tag(s) to every incident as needed.

Contain all the incidents in an event list and you should be most of the way to what you want.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old April 16th, 2018, 03:14 PM
There is a bloke who has a CSV (Comma-separated Value) to Realm Works importer. If you put it into an excel spreadsheet with a column for the Name, Date/Time, Description, and any other tags you want to have - you should be able to import it.

I am Jacks Matrix Action Custom Output - Grammarly Invite Code
manchuwook is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 17th, 2018, 03:05 AM
A solution that I found works for me especially when it comes to calendar systems that have a "before year" and an "after year" is to pick a year and the distant past as a beginning point in history. When I add a year to the timeline, I calculate how many years have pasted since that beginning date and the year of the entry I'm adding. That difference is put into the topic as a prefix. The event year is put into the name of the topic and I put the culture/country where the event occured into the suffix.

The entries automatically sort in prefix order and by using the suffix I can assign different events to the same year. Here is a sample that has a beginning date 12,468 years before the current game year. BFM indicates years before the beginning point of current history and AFM indicates years after that date.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (46.1 KB, 34 views)
GThiel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old April 17th, 2018, 03:50 AM
The built-in Gregorian calendar is useless, so I am using similar system - combination of topics, prefixes and entries inside the topic to track the events.

Not the best, but better than nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imperial_Calendar.jpg (202.9 KB, 34 views)

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Goreshade

Old April 17th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Im just now starting to use this app again after about a year, and there is STILL no calander function!?
Goreshade is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old April 17th, 2018, 02:17 PM
There will be no significant new features until the Content Market launches and we're still waiting for that.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote