Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Marediv

Old February 20th, 2019, 07:15 AM
I am not too familiar with the editor first off. I am trying to make a intelligent version of the Necklace of Adaptation that has 2 abilities and of course languages and stats but can not figure out how to do so. Any help would be appreciated
Marediv is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 20th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Take a look at the existing Necklace of Adaption, and the Headband of Vast Intelligence (or another item that adds stats) in the editor. I'd suggest that you copy one and add the scripts/bootstraps, etc from the other to your new item.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Marediv

Old February 21st, 2019, 09:39 AM
I was referring trying to get the necklace to being a intelligent item not it giving me more intelligence. But I at least now have a better idea hoe to merge other items and I appreciate that.
Marediv is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2019, 09:51 AM
At this time, the intelligent item mechanics only exist on magic weapons. If you're not very familiar with the editor, then I would just describe all the abilities and languages the necklace has in its description text. The abilities and languages would not be customizable - you couldn't open a form like on an intelligent weapon where you can select them from tables, but the user will have the information they'll need for that item, in order to run a character who has it.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old February 22nd, 2019, 04:50 AM
You could also try building it as a weapon and not a necklace, and then naming it appropriately.

Normal weapon combinations may be printed, unequipped, as weapon sets if you check that box. So you have the normal bonuses/penalties for weapon & shield or dual-wield or two-handed etc.

And your character can equip the "weapon/necklace" if it has on-equipped actions.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote