Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

technoshaman

Old November 16th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Hello I downloaded the PDF of Mutants & Masterminds Gamemaster's Guide fro Green Ronin's store and it came with data files. How do I add the data files to my copy of Hero Lab?
technoshaman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 16th, 2011, 11:10 AM
If they're User files, drop them in your respective ProgramData directory (I don't remember the path off of the top of my head, but if you go to the editor, create a new file, and then try to save it, it will say where). If it's a .portfolio file, the easiest answer is that you simply open it from wherever. If you want them to be available as stock archetypes, locate where the program has the ".stock" files (again, I don't remember exactly where, but a file search should suffice) and drop them in there. Changing the extension to ".stock" will then note them as being viable for Import Stock Hero.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
technoshaman

Old November 16th, 2011, 11:17 AM
They are Archetype .portfolio files and the their pics.
technoshaman is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM
If you want to have them available as stock characters, drop the portfolios in the data directory (C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\mutants3 on my machine) and rename the extension to Stock. Alternately (and in my opinion a slightly superior option), start a new data file and import the characters in one by one, then save it as something like Emerald City.stock. Thereafter, as you get new threat reports, add them to that .stock file (you can open it as a portfolio file).

As for images, your best bet is to probably drop the image into the Images folder (on my computer "C:\Users\Duggan\Documents\Hero Lab\images\Mutants & Masterminds" but you'll substitute your user name) and it might work. Looking at the portfolio file, it looks like the images are pointing to "C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\" but are actually embedded into the file (a neat trick, that).
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote