Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

KiwiBlaze

Old October 4th, 2017, 11:16 PM
I need to find out the maths that hero lab 5e has used to give me a speed of 60.

I have gone thru all the tabs and my maths puts my speed at 55 with a 60 feet teleportation ability.

I need to find out where this 5 feet is coming from, otherwise I can't use it.
KiwiBlaze is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
KiwiBlaze

Old October 5th, 2017, 12:37 AM
While I did find the answer (Unarmored Movement Upgrade), I'm still wondering if I can do something to pull the source of bonuses somehow in case something doesn't add up in the future.
KiwiBlaze is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old October 5th, 2017, 03:33 AM
If you have data file debugging enabled (the Develop option up on the topmost menu bar), you can go to the abilities tab and find what you're looking for.

Find the speed number on that page and right-click on it. Choose the "Show Debug Field Histories for Speed" .

There is a delta/final column that shows where the speed has changed and by how much. The From Task column shows you where in timing it changed and it will try to state what "Thing" called it. Usually an eval script on a pick - the debug screen truncates the From Task column, so you might not get all of the information you needed.

You can use this trick on most things on the tabs, for hero base units, choose the Develop menu and go to the bottom where you can pick Floating Info Windows. Those windows show information that you might not be able to right click and find.
dungeonguru is offline   #3 Reply With Quote