Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

jkwaak1980

Old April 9th, 2022, 10:33 AM
I am having issues with reading the help text on the Ipad version of Hero Lab. See link here,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Sf...ew?usp=sharing

I can reinstall the app and get a normal text box with smaller text with word wrapping, but then tap on another and I get what you see in the screen shot.

I have checked the settings in both accessibility and control center and nothing is set weird that would cause this on that end.

Other people I know who use this app are not getting this issue. The only difference is that I am using an Ipad 9th Gen while they are using Ipad Pro's.

Could us any help I can get here on fixing this as every avenue I go down does nothing to elevate the problem.

Thanks
jkwaak1980 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old April 9th, 2022, 03:25 PM
Send an email to support: support@wolflair.com. They may be able to assist.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old April 10th, 2022, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwaak1980 View Post
I can reinstall the app and get a normal text box with smaller text with word wrapping, but then tap on another and I get what you see in the screen shot.
I'm not clear on this. Are you saying that upon reinstalling, you get a normal word-wrapping panel on the first attempt on any item, but subsequent attempts on any other item causes the problem? In other words, if you tap on the first one again, does it appear correctly?

Quote:
I have checked the settings in both accessibility and control center and nothing is set weird that would cause this on that end.
I recently discovered an accessibility feature which causes text for certain applications to be resized without resizing all applications. Maybe it's a factor?

I went to Settings > Control Center and added the Text Size widget. WhenI swipe down to open Control Center, I can tap on the Text Size widget and adjust the font size for a single application or all applications.

This lets me resize the font in HTML emails where there's no other way to do it.

Regardless, you should file a bug report with LW (where it will likely languish forever :rolling_eyes: ).
Azhrei is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Tallow

Old December 3rd, 2022, 10:30 PM
I am also having this issue. I just purchased my iPad Pro 12.9 6th Gen, and some text boxes intermittently show up the correct font size and word wrapping, and many others don't. And then I go back to the one that did work and it won't work anymore, but then sometimes does.

This makes using the text box function almost unusable, since 25-30% of the line runs off my screen.
Tallow is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old December 4th, 2022, 09:01 AM
As my iPad installation used to work and now doesn't, it's clearly a change in iPadOS that's causing the issue. It seems likely to me that HL on iPad is relying on defaults for some things (font size, for example) and iPadOS has changed the defaults.
Azhrei is offline   #5 Reply With Quote