Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

kbs666

Old July 28th, 2019, 10:30 AM
I already explained this.

If AB is a topic name and ab, Ab and aB are distinct names then anyone who creates a topic that might use any of those forms has to create those all as alternative names and going forward after such a change was made any new use of existing names where users are used to mixing capitalizations without issue would have issues.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 28th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post

If AB is a topic name and ab, Ab and aB are distinct names then anyone who creates a topic that might use any of those forms has to create those all as alternative names and going forward after such a change was made any new use of existing names where users are used to mixing capitalizations without issue would have issues.
Except that this does not work.
Once you enter "AB"... "Ab", "aB", and "ab" are not allowed as additional aliases. They are seen as duplicates of "AB" and the "ok" button remains disabled until all such "duplicates" are removed. (see attached image)

Perhaps it is a bug that has not been recognized as one before?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Names Dialog.jpg (55.2 KB, 6 views)
Silveras is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 28th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Once you enter "AB"... "Ab", "aB", and "ab" are not allowed as additional aliases. They are seen as duplicates of "AB" and the "ok" button remains disabled until all such "duplicates" are removed. (see attached image)

Right now there is zero need for this so why should it work? My point is that if different capitalizations become distinct names, what the op is requesting, then you'd have to be able to do that to make what works right now work at all.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 28th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post

This does seem like a bug. Since it if worked properly then it would allow the OP to do what he is wanting.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Randall Jhen

Old July 28th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Quote:

Why would someone used to mixing capitalizations not have Case Sensitivity set to Ignore?
Randall Jhen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 28th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Jhen View Post
Why would someone used to mixing capitalizations not have Case Sensitivity set to Ignore?
How would that be relevant anymore if every capitalization variation is to become a different name?

If that isn't your proposal, it is literally the name of your proposal, then explain WTF you actually want.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Randall Jhen

Old July 29th, 2019, 02:42 AM
Quote:
How would that be relevant anymore if every capitalization variation is to become a different name?

If that isn't your proposal, it is literally the name of your proposal, then explain WTF you actually want.
1. I get that you're frustrated, but dude. There's no need for the aggressive tone you've had from the start.

2. From my original post.
Quote:
Ideally, I could input two identically spelled but differently capitalized names, with Sensitive name matching, and save myself the headache of every single color reference popping up.
Randall Jhen is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 29th, 2019, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Jhen View Post
1. I get that you're frustrated, but dude. There's no need for the aggressive tone you've had from the start.

2. From my original post.
That already exists! You have to put in the different forms as alternate names if you want them to link. I just tested it and it works.

But making them into distinct names breaks my realms, and I'm sure a lot of others.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 29th, 2019, 10:35 AM
Quote:
That already exists! You have to put in the different forms as alternate names if you want them to link. I just tested it and it works.
Could you share HOW? As my post with screen-shot earlier shows, using the GUI it does not accept what you're saying you have done... so I'd honestly like to know how.
Silveras is online now   #19 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old July 29th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Create a topic, name it "Green," open Manage Names, set "Green" Case Matching to sensitive. Create another topic named _anything but Green_, use Green and green in snippets. Only "Green" will be found to be a valid name to link.

First image
Second image

my Realm Works videos

Last edited by kbs666; July 29th, 2019 at 11:50 AM.
kbs666 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote