Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
It appears to me that HL64 is its own application installed along side HL32, though it uses the same data files.

There may be some people still running HL on rather old computers, that may not be updated with everything that's needed for a 64-bit program, so we left the option for 32 bit in place, but if you can run the 64, that's what we recommend using, and on Macs, 32-bit will no longer be supported by Apple pretty soon, so those don't offer the 32-bit version any more.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old October 1st, 2019, 08:44 AM
Any update on this from your support team? I saw there was some transition at LW so understandable if there's been no movement on this yet. Just checking...
Krothos is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old October 3rd, 2019, 06:20 AM
Any news? Can't use the 64-bit version of HL until this is resolved. I rely heavily on the PDF option for my gaming. Thanks.
Krothos is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2019, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone,

I want to encourage all users who are affected by this to reach out to us via our support email address <support@wolflair.com> and send in whatever system documentation you can collect such as your Hardware configuration/specs and your Operating System Version info.

We have seen a couple of reports of this behavior but thus far the issue seems to only impact a small portion of Users. Irrespective of this, we want to gather as much documentation as possible on the problem so that we can arm the dev team with as much context and concrete info as possible in hopes to find and correct the root issue.

I look forward to talking to you all soon, and I want to also note that while we do not have a solution in place yet I am going to update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

EDIT: I've been in touch with the team here and while we are still looking into why this is occurring, we believe we have found the problem, namely the various PDFCanvas64 files (.dll and .lib) files were not properly written to the Hero Lab Folder in the Program Files folder.

If you are being affected by this, we have found a workaround to help fix your issue that involves extracting some files directly into that directory so PLEASE reach out to us through our support so we can help resolve the issue with you directly.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Ryan F; October 3rd, 2019 at 01:56 PM. Reason: New Info
Ryan F is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old October 3rd, 2019, 04:13 PM
Done, and thank you.
Krothos is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
coyote6

Old October 3rd, 2019, 07:09 PM
FWIW, the fix worked for me.
coyote6 is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
squirrelysama

Old October 5th, 2019, 07:53 AM
From my understanding of the issue the update installer places the required files (the PDFcanvas and PDFlib dll files) into the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab" regardless of where the user has installed Herolab on their PC. This issue only seems to exist for the 64bit version afaik, I am unsure if it also does the same for other updates as I have only attempted to install the PDF viewer update file since upgrading.

Basically to fix the issue you only need to go to the location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab", it should likely only contain the PDFcanvas64 and PDFlib64 files inside it, move those files to the location you have installed Herolab on your PC. No need to uninstall or reinstall anything. Sadly this correction can only be done manually as the update installer doesn't give the option to choose the install location (normally not an issue as the 32bit version just installed where Herolab was installed anyway).

Hopefully this helps.
squirrelysama is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old October 6th, 2019, 05:11 PM
Will the fix be posted or are we to still contact Support?
SAbel is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 6th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Try coping the four files from your PDFcanvas directory to your herolab directory that have a name starting with "pdf" (pdfcanvas64.dll/lib, pdflib64.dll/lib).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
SAbel

Old October 7th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Farling You are a GOD amongst Mortals! I moved those two files from my C drive to my D drive and I am back in the happy place! My High School students that have just started learning D&D will be very happy to see their new characters!
Thank you
SAbel is offline   #20 Reply With Quote