Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lortondm

Old January 31st, 2014, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The only time I have seen this is when you have the packages installed to a non-standard data folder. So normally Pathfinder is stored in "\herolab\data\pathfinder" folder. But you can have extra ones if you want in example I have "\herolab\data\pathfinderEberron". So in that case the new PathfinderEberron data set would NOT inform me that their was updates.

In all other cases it should work. If its not I am sorry I have no good ideas why not. It maybe worth putting in a bug report so that it could be looked into. I know Colen is very bored and is always looking for something to do to fill his day.
Thanks again, Shadow Chemosh. Yes, updating those three files did work. But my Forgotten Realms, Eberron, and Psionics packages are all in the location you note. I don't have any kind of non-standard folder for them. I'll post a bug report as you say.
lortondm is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 31st, 2014, 08:12 PM
A new update, 8.7, is now available. There was a bug in 8.6 that really hampered the use of the new Psionics mechanisms, so this is a bug fix update to fix that issue.

Here's the change list:

Enhancements & Changes
  • -
Bug Fixes
  • The Paladin (Stonelord)'s Stone Servant ability could sometimes report the wrong size for the elemental.
  • Psionic Powers were not showing information appropriately when added or hovered over.
  • Any psionic power which should have generated a save DC was throwing an error.
Data File Authoring
  • -
Mathias is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Gauthok

Old February 1st, 2014, 02:25 PM
My bug reported in Case 34193 doesn't appear to be fixed in this release, but the bug report is listed as closed. Am I missing something?

I assume if the bug report is showing as open, it's still being worked, but I thought closed would mean it'd be in the next release.
Gauthok is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
When I checked case #34139, it's status was "Resolved (Duplicate)". The case it's set as a duplicate of is not closed, because the way the monk archetypes interact with each other is insane, and solving that tangle will be days of work.
Mathias is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Sudo

Old February 17th, 2014, 10:25 AM
unable to download the update .. it keeps saying error with web-server. It won't allow me to use the software until it updates any news?
Sudo is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
DaveN
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Hey Sudo,

If you continue having issues with the automatic updates, you could try grabbing the latest Pathfinder file manually.

For Mac or PC, download this file, pathfinder.hl and double click it to start the import.

If this still doesn't fix things then please open a support request at support@wolflair.com
DaveN is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
saaggs

Old February 21st, 2014, 03:02 AM
I've tried everything this thread has suggested. Psionics Unleashed isn't showing up in the hero config or anywhere after the 8.6 and now 8.7 update. The Data files are in the correct pathfinder folder. It did notify me new updates were available. Psionics Unleash 1.9 was on the list and I downloaded it. Everything is up-to-date. When I go to tools under manage third party updates, it tells me no third party updates registered for this system. Psionics Unleashed just disappeared. I also have tried to fix through the editor, I open the file in the editor, when I run test these are the errors I'm getting, same happens when I try to save and compile. Also when Hero Lab Pathfinder loads in the first place...

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 5673) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('rMaenad')

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11824) - Thing 'cHelpCrb' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiCIDisc' not defined

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11957) - Thing 'cHelpElo' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiCIDisc' not defined

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 12197) - Thing 'cHelpMtm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiCIDisc' not defined

Installed the update several times over. Any insight into how to get this working would be greatly appreciated.
saaggs is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 21st, 2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saaggs View Post
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 5673) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('rMaenad')
This was fixed in v1.9 and is the exact release note for v1.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaggs View Post
File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11824) - Thing 'cHelpCrb' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiCIDisc' not defined

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 11957) - Thing 'cHelpElo' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiCIDisc' not defined

File: PFRPG_Psionics_Unleashed.user (line 12197) - Thing 'cHelpMtm' (dynamic tag) - Group 'psiCIDisc' not defined
This was the issues fixed in v1.10.

My take is that you somehow did not download and install the latest version.

Try this:
1) Click HERE and manually download the .hl file and save it to your desktop.
2) Then with HL off double click on the file to start the import process.
3) Make sure you click on the "Start Import" and let it finish.
4) Start HL/Pathfinder and see if the errors have gone away.

My only last thought is did you install Psionics into its own game folder? So when you start HL do you get multiple choices of Pathfinder to start? If you do then you have to manually change the folder during the install process to install into the correct game.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Detrix

Old March 5th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I'm getting the following errors:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio!

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Carrion Hill'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'City of Golden Death'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Masks of the Living God'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Module: Masks of the Living God'
Detrix is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 5th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Seems like whoever saved that portfolio had a couple 3rd party sources turned on when they made it. I believe the error should go away when you change something on the portfolio to dirty it (for example, increment a skill up and then back down once) and resave. If that fails, then use "Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources"
Aaron is offline   #30 Reply With Quote