Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

gloranphile

Old September 30th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Thanks to Farling's excellent Output program, I can get html files for my realm(s).

Can anyone give me some help in setting up a Wordpress site (or other) using these files or is such a thing just not possible? I'd like to create a site for my players in my homebrew world, but I haven't in anything since Geocities...

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old September 30th, 2019, 02:02 PM
You can upload static pages to the WP (Wordpress) engine although if you don't know css it can be tricky to make the pages look nice.

If you want old-school with ftp uploading your .html files and free, I ran a little website off of x10hosting.com for a while. A lot of the free sites are bandwidth limited or inject ads, so do your research before you commit to anything.

Also, make sure you don't have 100% copied from original material, you could run afoul of the IP lawyers for whatever game system you're hosting.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old October 1st, 2019, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
You can upload static pages to the WP (Wordpress) engine although if you don't know css it can be tricky to make the pages look nice.

If you want old-school with ftp uploading your .html files and free, I ran a little website off of x10hosting.com for a while. A lot of the free sites are bandwidth limited or inject ads, so do your research before you commit to anything.

Also, make sure you don't have 100% copied from original material, you could run afoul of the IP lawyers for whatever game system you're hosting.
Excellent, thanks! And this is all setting for a homebrew, so no worries on the IP.

D100 for life!
gloranphile is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 1st, 2019, 02:45 PM
You can also create a single HTML file containing everything. It might be pretty big, but it would be easier to send to the other players.

I did, briefly, contemplate adding an FTP upload facility to the tool, but then I considered all the different options that would be required to be supported - and adding in username/password processing would always be a security issue.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old October 1st, 2019, 03:35 PM
There is a personal wiki-like tool called TiddlyWiki which is really just a single html file... it does some interesting things. However I can tell you from personal experience that once your file gets to be a couple of hundred meg in size, it is not really viable.
Grey Mage is offline   #5 Reply With Quote