Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JustinThomason

Old March 5th, 2015, 01:26 PM
+1 from me as well.
JustinThomason is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old March 7th, 2015, 03:24 AM
Here's my 2 cents from another thread I started on a similar topic:

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know of a way of keeping the collapsed nodes on the topics tree the same when changing tabs?

For instance, if I collapse all nodes except for the current dungeon level, open a map of the dungeon, then right click & show a room in a new tab from the map, the topics tree is redrawn & fully expanded again. Means I have to collapse all 16 dungeon levels plus events, people etc.

But if I flick back to the original tab, it's the way I left it with the original tab.

So it looks like there's a separate instance of the tree per tab.

Honestly I'm getting so frustrated with constantly having to collapse this tree that I'm beginning to dread using Realm Works. I love the program, I really do but this is driving me away from wanting to use it.

Thanks,
Jim.
DMG is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 7th, 2015, 10:06 PM
As Parody stated in your thread, nope. It's been requested. It will come. But there are a lot of features that people feel are essential and only so many hours in the day for the devs. Patience young Grasshopper.
AEIOU is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old March 11th, 2015, 05:35 PM
+1 again to this. It would be nice if you could set it so as to save several states. For example, opening a new tab would set it one way and clicking a link to another topic could do another.

The states could be all compressed, a saved state that you normally like to use, or the same state as the previous topic. Even if this was a new popup box, it would be faster than all the clicking that we currently have to do.
Gord is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
samiam

Old March 22nd, 2015, 02:40 PM
+10 to what DMG wrote.

The lack of persistence is quickly becoming a major irritation trying to use RW during a game. I open multiple tabs to quickly access different topics during game (recommended best practice). I'm running a sandbox campaign so I can only identify what I need open immediately based on the status of where we left off. The characters can go in a myriad of directions...and do. So If I want to be able to set the Almanac tree up to reveal a small section of topics (of 100s) that are the logical next set of options I have to do so on each tab if I want to be able to quickly find them (Search functionality really isn't very quick in how it is implemented AND does not highlight the search criteria within the body of text).

And woe unto me if I open another tab during play...the entire tree is once more fully expanded. Immersion is lost if I am regularly having to pause mid-RP to find a topic from a very long list that has the next element I need for smooth play.

Yes, part of it is on me to become more efficient with how I use the tool. But this lack of persistence is truly irritating.
samiam is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Sleepwalk

Old March 27th, 2015, 04:47 PM
+1 to this. It needs to remember the state of the tree between game sessions, and do something intelligent when I make a new tab - maybe use the state of the tree for the current tab when opening up a new tab. I tend to use lots of tabs for things, and will very frequently open a topic in a new tab.
Sleepwalk is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old April 5th, 2015, 05:18 PM
I still want this a lot but I must admit that the new views have made life so much better, that I am using them for a similar purpose.
Gord is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
FreakFire74

Old April 7th, 2015, 05:14 AM
+1 to this. It baffles me this has not been included yet. My realm is getting quite big and everytime I have to search through tons of completely opened topics.. Yes, the new options help but including an option to remember these settings would really, really save time for me!
FreakFire74 is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old April 7th, 2015, 08:42 AM
This thread was started May 9, 2014 and I'm sure the request is older than that. By this time many of us have hundreds of topics and closing specific ones every time we start the program or open a new tab is becoming a pain where the sun don't shine. I know there is a long To Do list for this program but this is starting to become urgent as we add more to our realms. At the very least set the default that everything is closed. I would rather open the ones I want than go through and close 1/2 to 3/4 of them every time I start the program and every time I open a new tab. Please, for the love of gaming gods, move this to the top of the To Do list.
ruhar is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 7th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Be careful, ruhar, or the calendar gods will get very cranky with you. We don't know how much work this involves for the devs. We keep hoping it'll be a quick fix they can do inbetween journals and calendars and printing and exporting as a side project. But if it involves real work you are likely looking at 2016+ to get tackled after the other items that were prioritized via the survey.
AEIOU is offline   #40 Reply With Quote