Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 13th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Has anyone done .user files for the dread undead (specifically, dread wight & dread zombie) from the Advanced Bestiary?

I'm trying to build "Revenge of the Kobold King" in Hero Lab and those templates are used. I used a combination of Zombie Lord and Brain-Eating Zombie for the Dread Zombie template, in the meantime, but I don't have anything to approximate the dread wight template.

Thanks!
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chava

Old July 13th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I sent over Revenge of the Kobold King to Shadow last week, so that will probably be in his next update.

If you want it sooner shoot me a msg with your email.
chava is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 13th, 2011, 09:14 AM
OMG I totally forgot. Bad Shadow Bad!

I have a huge go-live this weekend for a client, actually its try 2, and it totally slipped my mind.

I did it now quick and its up and available at d20pfsrd under the Pathfinder Modules folder.

Thanks again chava for your hard work and contributions I know the community is grateful.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chava

Old July 13th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I just figured that real world busy trumps gaming... Or so my bosses tell me
chava is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
You guys are both awesome. Although I enjoy learning about Hero Lab's extensive capabilities, I greatly appreciate the work you both put in to make sure that I don't have to learn how to do everything, myself.

And thanks for the offer, Chava. I'll send you an e-mail, because I'm impatient, but there's really no rush. I won't be running that particular adventure for quite some time. I've just been on a "put it in Hero Lab" kick for the past couple of days.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 14th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks for sending the files, chava. Rather than just import them wholesale, I decided to try to use them as a guide to do some things, myself. I got most of the dread wight done and decided to move on to doing the dread zombie.

While most of the modifications work fine, I noticed two problems:

1) I have no idea how to implement the feature in dread zombie that limits the minimum intelligence to 0. The template applies a -4 to Intelligence, but doesn't allow it to go below 0. I looked for help on the forums and found this thread, but bodrin's code isn't working for me. It throws up an error telling me that the thing "aValue" doesn't exist.

That's a minor issue, but I'd like to know if there's a way to do this.

2) When these templates are applied to creatures with class levels, I get validation errors stating that the template precludes class levels, which isn't supposed to happen. I have looked at some of the other templates, like the Zombie Lord from Classic Horrors Revisited or the Skeleton Champion, but I can't find the differences between the templates that allow the undead to keep their class levels without the validation error. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old July 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I did the Dread Ghoul & Ghast for my Rise of the Runelords conversion. I went through the trouble to try and make the custom racial specials, but I can't claim anything as sturdy as what ShadowChemosh might put out. Let me know if you still want to see them and I'll post them when I get home.
djc664 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks, djc664. Those would be neat to see.

I've noticed that the editor is much more robust than it was when I first tried to do some of the templates from Advanced Bestiary. I usually don't have much trouble, but there's obviously something I'm doing wrong with the templates that change a creature's type while still allowing them to retain class levels.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old July 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris.Crenshaw View Post
Thanks, djc664. Those would be neat to see.

I've noticed that the editor is much more robust than it was when I first tried to do some of the templates from Advanced Bestiary. I usually don't have much trouble, but there's obviously something I'm doing wrong with the templates that change a creature's type while still allowing them to retain class levels.
Just off the cuff, that sounds like the first three options on the Template tab; Override Type, Augmenting Type, and Replacement Type.

Click on the gray question mark to the right of those three fields for more details - I can't really explain it better than reading that will do for you.
djc664 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Paris.Crenshaw

Old July 14th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
Just off the cuff, that sounds like the first three options on the Template tab; Override Type, Augmenting Type, and Replacement Type.

Click on the gray question mark to the right of those three fields for more details - I can't really explain it better than reading that will do for you.
LOL. Yeah. I tried reading those, but I can't figure out which of them is supposed to be the right one. Some of the templates use both, and the descriptions for Augmenting vs Replacement don't seem very different.

I'll need to fiddle with it a bit more this evening. I ran out of time before I had to get ready for work and get some sleep last night.

I find that figuring out how to implement these things is a bit addictive for me.
Paris.Crenshaw is offline   #10 Reply With Quote