Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chef

Old June 4th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Today I bought the Ultimate magic update for Pathfinder so I went to update my Hero Lab and download the files. I downloaded the new version of Hero Lab and the files for the addition and when I went to renew my License it would not renew and prompted me to request for the computer renewal. The biggest problem is now I can't use the entire Pathfinder system because it doesn't think I have the license for the system anymore.
chef is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
FCWesel

Old June 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Yeah. Really not pleased with this issue.
FCWesel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 5th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Firstly, I assume you've already done this, but make sure to complete the license reassignment request form - we generally get to these requests pretty fast, so you should be up and running soon.

I looked up your licenses based on the email addresses for your forum accounts, and it looks like your licenses have both been reassigned to different computers within the last 4 months (one of chef's in early February, one of FCWesel's late last month). So if you're trying to use the same licenses on two different computers, that explains why you're running into these issues.

It's hard to tell without more information, and I don't want to go into the details of your licenses here - do either of you have the same license number used on two computers? If so, you should make sure that you're using one license number per computer - the secondary license you have can be used to use HL simultaneously on a second computer if you're running it on a desktop and laptop at the same time, for example.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chef

Old June 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Colen,
I figured out what happened. When I bought a 3rd license I didn't grab a new code and used the one on my one laptop for it and it didn't freak out until now. So I just got my 3rd license.

Thanks though.
chef is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
FCWesel

Old June 5th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I have the two base licenses (the two you automatically get) and BOUGHT a third for a lap top.

Yup, did the request thing; still waiting because its the weekend and the form I filled out says 1-2 Business Days. So I expect Mon or Tue it'll get resolved.

Computer A: License 1.a
Computer B: (Should be license 1.b, and even shows it, it just wont accept it)
Lap Top: License 2

I just checked the other machines against my License #s and are right with the licenses, and as I have not updated them to 3.7. Don't know if that helps.

Last edited by FCWesel; June 5th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
FCWesel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jedi_3385

Old June 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Similar situation, waiting for Tech support response.
Jedi_3385 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
FCWesel

Old June 6th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Got the "license release" email. Thanks, guys.
FCWesel is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old June 6th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I also have the same issue. Locked license -- I checked my installations (2) and they are using the correct licenses. One upgrade worked (secondary license), but my primary license upgrade did not.

I sent the license reassignment request yesterday morning; no response yet.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Vanclink

Old June 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM
This is ridiculous and needs to be resolved quickly, I extremely disappointed in this update.
Vanclink is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CapeCodRPGER

Old June 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanclink View Post
This is ridiculous and needs to be resolved quickly, I extremely disappointed in this update.
You and me both. My respect for Lone Wolf has gone down 500%.
CapeCodRPGER is offline   #10 Reply With Quote