Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bradbdavis

Old June 9th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I also installed windows 7 service pack a month or two ago.
bradbdavis is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Same problem here... 3.7 has decided that it is no longer licensed. It's been installed and working on this PC for months now. 3.7 doesn't upgrade the license properly.
cryptoknight is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
bradbdavis

Old June 10th, 2011, 05:45 AM
I have another friend who has a legitimate copy of HL. He did the update yesterday 3 hours before our game. And boom, he's in demo mode. Now he's throwing a fit too.

His computer has not changed hardware-wise in 2 years. He did do Win 7 svc pack.

Word of advice--never do an update within 24 hours of a game, or you will get screwed.
bradbdavis is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Leonal

Old June 10th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Not everyone got screwed by the update. I had no problems what so ever on Win 7 64 bit fully updated with service pack. Not that it'll help you guys though.
Leonal is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I've got my secondary license on this pc... my primary is on my laptop. I'm terrified to upgrade my laptop now.
cryptoknight is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
flux

Old June 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
My primary box (windows 7, just installed service pack prior to the upgrade) is also reporting a license problem. My secondary license is on a mac (with wineskin) and works fine. I sent in the request yesterday for early license reassignment, but haven't received a response.

I am more than a little frustrated. It prevented me from using hero lab for our weekly game.

(For the record--the primary license has only been on the one box).
flux is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Captain Victory

Old June 11th, 2011, 02:01 AM
I hate to be "that guy" (the one who signs up on the forums for the sole purpose of complaining about an issue) but I've gotta do what I've gotta do.

My issue has been much the same as many others: I downloaded the update, after seeing the update was available, I purchased the license for ultimate magic, I ran Hero Lab, and got stuck in demo mode. I wouldn't be so upset about this if it weren't for the fact that I use the program whilst I run my game (hp/initiative roller/status tracker/etc).

Apparently all will be fixed eventually, but, for posterity's sake, I suppose I should toss this out there:

Windows 7 64x, w/ service pack.

Haven't downloaded an update before this one, I've only had Hero Lab for about two weeks, so I don't know if this issue would (or even could) have occurred in the past.

It should also bear noting: I didn't get any sort of warning or notice about importing files from one version to another. The update ran like it was a fresh install of the program.

Last edited by Captain Victory; June 11th, 2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: clarification
Captain Victory is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old June 11th, 2011, 05:54 AM
What's everyone's License Reassignment date? You can find this information by logging in here and then using the View All Linked Licenses link.

The license I had a problem with had an Issue Date and Reassigned Date that were identical (4/3/2011). I only installed the application once on 4/3/2011, yet somehow that license was flagged as Reassigned on that day.

I do recall attempting to install the application at a later date using the same license, prior to learning the process for obtaining a secondary license. As expected, HeroLab denied my second installation, but informed me how to acquire a secondary license. I then used that license to install HeroLab on a second computer.

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; June 11th, 2011 at 05:56 AM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
bradbdavis

Old June 11th, 2011, 07:18 AM
If HL is supposed to do things like this, then please don't bug the user with the "There's an update available!!" message every time the program is run.

It's like baiting the user into losing functionality.

I did receive my reactivation, so I can stop ranting now. But what a pain in the a#$ this was, especially on game night ;(
bradbdavis is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old June 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.Ormond View Post
What's everyone's License Reassignment date? You can find this information by logging in here and then using the View All Linked Licenses link.
Though I didn't have the problem, I was curious so I went ahead and checked my license, and sure enough my primary license is listed as having been reassigned on June 4, 2011 (the day I updated to 3.7). I guess I was just lucky that the last time I had reassigned it was over a year ago (new PC in October 2009) or I'd have been caught as well.

This is why people hate DRM. Serious fuckup here.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #40 Reply With Quote