Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

CptCoots

Old November 13th, 2016, 11:39 AM
I'm implementing one of the newest Unearthed Arcana supplements found here http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/do..._Barbarian.pdf. Now I'm trying to allow the user to select from necrotic or radiant via the Item Selection area (i.e., Select From..., Custom Expression, etc..) but I can't seem to get either of the two to be listed. Are they not in selectable form and so I have to make my own or am I missing them somewhere? Thanks.
CptCoots is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheEnthusiast

Old November 13th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Hi,

I've implemented it today in the community pack. You can gfrab it here: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_C...Barbarian.user
TheEnthusiast is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 14th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Damn, I had done everything except for the choice.
CptCoots is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 14th, 2016, 02:57 PM
I hate how I can't seem to figure out how to just download the file.
CptCoots is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 14th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Probably always a good idea to drop into the Community Pack Github and see what we are up to before going out and creating something yourself. We usually have a host of changes pending release. We keep track of things with the issues section.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues

And if you know what you are doing and want to contribute, by all means come join us

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:13 PM
I'm going to be a debbie downer here but your implementation is messy in the Specials tab. Path of the Storm Herald adds 2 copies of Storm of Fury (c5CBbnSHSF and c5CBbnSHFD). Looking at the implementation, rather than editing the livename and CustDesc of c5CBbnSHSF you have 4 different Storm of Fury abilities. The same goes with Storm Soul and Raging Storm. I know these things take up little space, but isn't it more appropriate to doctor up a single version that has all the information in it? Oh and Array-BasedManu? is a brilliant way to implement the choice between radiant and necrotic (I'm a bone head). Would you mind if I offer some edits?
CptCoots is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Probably always a good idea to drop into the Community Pack Github and see what we are up to before going out and creating something yourself. We usually have a host of changes pending release. We keep track of things with the issues section.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues

And if you know what you are doing and want to contribute, by all means come join us
I like to think I know what i'm doing (I did the implementation of the MtG races and I contributed some stuff to 3.5), but I abhor working with github because I just have a hard time. I don't edit this shit in text editors, I use Hero Lab Editor. As such I'm unfamiliar with getting everything working right that way.
CptCoots is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Happy to give you access to Github. Sign up and send me your UN name.

We tried to use repeat things where possible but found it was leading to errors due to source conflicts. Probably just doing it wrong to be honest.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I edit everything in the editor also.

Just once your done you copy the *.user file into Github and push the changes through

This might help.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old November 14th, 2016, 03:27 PM
CptCOOTS. I'll basically merge our two files, and implement what I think is slightly cleaner. I usually prefer script edits to multiple copies, especially when the source of the ability is not in question. I've never used Array-Based Menus, but you've turned me on to them.
I used a configurable to choose the environment and then updated the abilities with respect to what was chosen. This way it matched the form and function of Totem Warrior.
CptCoots is offline   #10 Reply With Quote