Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyremius View Post
Ninja'd by the boss himself
[Teal'c] Indeed! *raises eyebrow* [/Teal'c]
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
will it bring me snacks?
Enforcer84 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Well, you can feast on its gamer goodness

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
billcoke

Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Why don't you just charge for the support. If they can use it without support then no cost, if they run into problems they pay for the support. The user community would probably support some level of helping newbies on our own.
billcoke is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old August 23rd, 2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyremius View Post
I'll still go on record as supporting some kind of charge for the standalone client. Ultimately, it does represent an additional cost for Lone Wolf that needs to be recouped somewhere. Putting the charge with the user will tend to make them think about whether they really need the capability, likely reducing the total amount of support required.
My vote also goes with this.

I think players will realise the value of having access to the tool, and want to purchase it anyway.

As an example, when we started our current campaign, I had access to Herolab and advised my players that all characters would be vetted via Herolab for in game play (though the players could use whatever they wanted to manage their characters at the tabletop, including physical sheets and excel character builders).
Now 6 of our 8 players (including GM's - we co-GM) have Herolab access and use it for character management, 1 uses a custom excel sheet and 1 uses a physical sheet.

I think a similar situation will eventuate with our players, particularly once player information sharing becomes available.
Jaynay27 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
AzrofD

Old September 14th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
*IF* we charge for the standalone client, and that's a very big *IF*....

- GMs who purchase the product will incur no further cost to operate as players in another GM's realm

- Players who purchase the standalone client will most likely incur a nominal, one-time cost

- Players who later decide to become GMs will be able to upgrade their account at a reduced cost over purchasing the full product from scratch

- Players who are content to access realms via the web-based interface will incur no cost at all

Please remember that NONE of this is formally decided yet. This is merely one path that we are currently considering. So please don't take this as an official declaration of how things will work. I'm just trying to be open with some of the scenarios we're looking at.
I support this fully. Hell, I'd buy the stand alone for my players if it is within the 5-10 dollar range.
AzrofD is offline   #16 Reply With Quote