Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Stoffern

Old August 11th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When you move your mouse over the System rating, is it telling you "The system program's rating may not exceed the Response rating of the device. (=X)"?
Yes, in fact it does. Is this significant to the bug?

- Stoffern
Stoffern is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
DrunkZombie

Old August 12th, 2011, 04:13 AM
More important than the defenses' names mentioned above is that they are not being calculated correctly. At least not in my case. The dodges are fine, but the parries are not. My character has a Reaction of 10 and a Close Combat Group of 3. Parries should be Reaction + Weapon Skill, so a 13, yet they are coming out as 11. I don't know if it is only counting the skills in the group as a 1 or it is using Agility instead of Reaction as my character has an Agilily of 8.

As a side note, it would be nice if the dodge calculation grabbed all mods to the dodge skill and not just the skill points. I created Move by Wire and all the increases work, including the bonus to Dodge skill. However it is not using it when calculating Defense. Probably something you don't want to deal with until you work on the Augmentation rulebook, but I thought I would mention it.

Edit: I just realized that Enhanced Articulation is in the core rules, so bonuses to dodge not being picked up is a current bug.

Last edited by DrunkZombie; August 12th, 2011 at 05:14 AM.
DrunkZombie is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptoknight View Post
Cyber/Bioware and the reduction of essence is not affecting the magic attribute correctly.

When you lose essence you lose both max magic attribute and current magic attribute.

i.e. if I make a character with 5 points of magic and put in .5 points of bioware my essence is 5.5 This immediately reduces my current magic attribute to 4 and my max magic attribute to 5

I made a physical adept and stuck .9 essence worth of 'ware into her. Her max magic attribute was reduce correctly, but her current magic attribute stayed at 4.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. I chose the Adept heritage for a blank character, set magic to 4, then added an augmentation (Ultrasound Sensor was the first one my mouse hit) - the Magic attribute is being displayed as 3, and the calculations I see in the mouseover are "Starting Value 4, Essence Reductions -0.3 (-1)", with attribute limits of 1/5(7).
Mathias is online now   #53 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthalix View Post
Not sure if this has been identified:

Cannot lock character creation if two contacts are not chosen.

SR4A, pg 88: Contacts are recommended, not required. The example shows that one character picked one contact, and the other chose two.
I've removed the restriction on switching to advancement mode for the next update.
Mathias is online now   #54 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 12th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I see what the problem is.

Under Basics -> Special Attributes

My magic says 4. In truth it's 5, but on that page it's displaying a 4 It made me think I had spent only the BP to get to 4, but I had spent them to get to 5. A little confusing... But I understand it now.
cryptoknight is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkZombie View Post
More important than the defenses' names mentioned above is that they are not being calculated correctly. At least not in my case. The dodges are fine, but the parries are not. My character has a Reaction of 10 and a Close Combat Group of 3. Parries should be Reaction + Weapon Skill, so a 13, yet they are coming out as 11. I don't know if it is only counting the skills in the group as a 1 or it is using Agility instead of Reaction as my character has an Agilily of 8.
There was a bug and it was using the normal attribute for the skill to calculate parries, rather than Reaction. I've fixed that for the next update, thanks for the report.

The rest is better handled outside the bug reports thread:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...0620#post60620

Last edited by Mathias; August 12th, 2011 at 02:29 PM.
Mathias is online now   #56 Reply With Quote