Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bidmaron

Old February 9th, 2017, 06:12 AM
Pollution no one knows yet. There is currently. NO official Paizo content for fantasy grounds, although it appears some content is undergoing Paizo review for release. My bet is that once the review is complete, there will be the same feces storm over there when Paizo lays down the same law.

As for the hard copy folks, people need to realize that it is just a sad fact that the local game store is in for a slow death. I hate to see that but I think it is true. Malls and Walmart killed many local businesses. Now malls are closing down as amazon and "outlet" malls take over.

My guess is Paizo would happily give credit for hard copies if there were a way to do it. If you bought it from them, they could validate just as they are doing for the PDFs. But then retailers and amazon would raise their own hue and cry. There just is no way to do what you want because short of ripping pages out of your book, there is no way to validate purchase.

I am glad that at least PDF owners have a way to save a few bucks.
Bidmaron is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 9th, 2017, 06:28 AM
There is a way to do it. Paizo is just not doing it. Look at Bits and Mortar to see how.
http://www.bits-and-mortar.com/

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Tharmiones

Old February 9th, 2017, 06:46 AM
For FG I've found this post:

Quote:
Fantasy Grounds licensed content for Pathfinder will be sold on Steam and on the Fantasy Grounds site at a fixed cost per item. As far as I can tell, the costs will be the MSRP print price. There might be an option at some point to buy from the Paizo store at a slight discount if you already own the print or PDF product there.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post320108

So it looks like: Yes they seem to have a different model, but it's in this case you are buying the same content twice for the same price.

So using the Emerald Spire as an example:

You do not own the PDF:
The Fantasy Ground option is: 34$ might be lower on FG sales.
Realm Works: 25$ (PDF) + 18$ --> 43$, might get lower in case of a PDF or LW sales.

You do already own the PDF:
Fantasy Grounds: 34$ might be lower on FG sales.
Realm Works: 0$ (PDF) + 18$ --> 18$. Might get lower in case of a LW sale.
Tharmiones is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 9th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
There is a way to do it. Paizo is just not doing it. Look at Bits and Mortar to see how.
http://www.bits-and-mortar.com/
How about the millions of already sold books? This works going forward, but how about the current owners?
Toblakai is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 9th, 2017, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Here's a thought. Do you have to own the PDF with a Fantasy Grounds purchase?

I don't think so, but I only own ETU and Savage Worlds.

If you don't then LW is getting screwed.
Maybe, but if they don't have an already purchased PDF option, you will just pay a lot more for the item instead.
Toblakai is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old February 9th, 2017, 07:55 AM
One thing for FG and Pathfinder s that most of the core stuff content has already been done in a unofficial version based on the Pathfinder Reference site. So all the monster details, character classes, NPCs from books, are entered into FG modules that you can download for free.

The next build of FG that is in beta testing is mostly for the official Pathfinder stuff. What we know is being released is the Core book, the Bestiary, and Rise of the Runelords initially.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 9th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Jay I don't know where you got that. A recent post said that the materials that are on review include emerald spire and not any of the core rules. In fact, they are modding the software to aupport core rules material.
Bidmaron is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old February 9th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Older post said that for FG I read a few weeks back if I recall correctly. Those are supposed to be in the works unless something changed. I don't play Pathfinder so I'm not following the FG news for it closely.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 9th, 2017, 10:28 AM
A big difference is that Fantasy Grounds already has an established Content Market mechanism. Whatever DRM they have in place may have to be "good enough", and the contract between them and Paizo may be very different than the one for Realm Works because of it.
Silveras is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 9th, 2017, 10:58 AM
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ighlight=SpireActualky, this Thread discusses material just sent in for review and you are right
Bidmaron is offline   #70 Reply With Quote