Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer 40,000
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jev

Old March 9th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I know you can save to HTML and modify to your hearts content. I really like the compactness of the roster print though. Without hacking the data files, is there any way to change what the option footnotes say through the army builder? There are a lot of places that have things like "See C:WH, pg. 18" that I'd like to change to have the relevant text from that page so I don't have to look at multiple documents during tournaments to verify information. I'd also like to be able to do things like highlight parts of, for instance, the Acts of Faith for the Sisters so that it's more clear at a glance to see when items can be put in play.

Is this possible, or should I start figuring out how to make the HTML print look more like the nice compact roster printout?

Thanks!
jev is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 9th, 2009, 08:36 PM
What you're describing is done through the editor. However, once you study the editor, you'll find that there are augmentations that allow you to modify the things in existing files without modifying the files themselves. That means that you could create a new file, and in it, augment all the things you want to change to change their text, and your changes would stay in place even after the data files were updated.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
jev

Old March 9th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Very interesting. I had downloaded ABCreator (I thought it might be interesting to see the files through it) just a few minutes ago, but hadn't had a chance to take a look at it. I'll have to check out the documentation and see what's up with the augmenting of existing file. Thanks.
jev is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
shaggai
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 16th, 2009, 08:07 PM
What you want to do is really very simple with the ABcreator, just change the text you see in the oh5Dat.dat file (of whatever codex army list) options/items to what you want and save it.

Please be aware however that once you download any new general release that all of your work will be updated and erased entirely. So if you do this, it would be wise to duplicate the entire WH40K data folder to a new name that you can easily bring back up in the Game System menu.
shaggai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jev

Old March 16th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I've been playing around with the .aug and .dat files to see what's up. Good point about making a duplicate of the entire game system though.
jev is offline   #5 Reply With Quote