Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

daplunk

Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:51 PM
LWD have the healthiest and most profitable relationship with Paizo. Paizo stood by them while they waited for the CM to be launched and it's only right that LWD use the launch to support and promote the system that drives the majority of their profit.

Keeping in mind that most of their $$ obviously comes from Hero Lab in the Pathfinder crowd.

So i get that they won't launch until the Pathfinder stuff is ready. Pathfinder is their core supported system and they have business relationships to maintain.

Meanwhile I'll just be sitting here playing my 5e with the majority of the RPG community

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #291 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Meanwhile I'll just be sitting here playing my 5e with the majority of the RPG community
I imagine 5E would have a much larger Herolab user base if WotC wasn't a bunch of, um.. well you know what I mean
Toblakai is offline   #292 Reply With Quote
Jujutsuka

Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
LWD have the healthiest and most profitable relationship with Paizo. Paizo stood by them while they waited for the CM to be launched and it's only right that LWD use the launch to support and promote the system that drives the majority of their profit.

Keeping in mind that most of their $$ obviously comes from Hero Lab in the Pathfinder crowd.

So i get that they won't launch until the Pathfinder stuff is ready. Pathfinder is their core supported system and they have business relationships to maintain.

Yeah, if I conducted my business that way, I'd probably be out of business. Most businesses typically don't refuse service to clients and customers due to them being unable to provide product from their largest supplier.

Last edited by Jujutsuka; January 22nd, 2018 at 06:56 PM.
Jujutsuka is offline   #293 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:35 AM
Hey everyone!

I don't have a lot to report at the moment but wanted to give you a quick update anyway! We are still working with Paizo to sort out an option that works. We hope to have this resolved soon but are looking into other possibilities and options that might speed it along. I should have a more in-depth "official" update by months end.

Happy Gaming!
BJ is offline   #294 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old January 23rd, 2018, 08:42 AM
@Jujutsuka
Well, good that they are not out of business and doing what is likely the most profitable decision for them, as we wouldn't get any updates at all if. Also what worth is an empty content market to the ppl who would like to use it? It would be dead within weeks, if there is no content to show. So I think daplunk is right and they are filling the CM with life, so there is actually some revenue to be made out of that thing.

Though - personally - I wouldn't trust this CM-business case, but I hope to be wrong

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #295 Reply With Quote
NeoEvaX

Old January 23rd, 2018, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Hey everyone!

I don't have a lot to report at the moment but wanted to give you a quick update anyway! We are still working with Paizo to sort out an option that works. We hope to have this resolved soon but are looking into other possibilities and options that might speed it along. I should have a more in-depth "official" update by months end.

Happy Gaming!
Thank you for the update! Sounds like that API (or whatever tech you are using) is being a bit of a beast.

I know there is a timeline for everything, but I am starting Rise of the Runelords tomorrow. Excited to get Realm Works's Content Market working so I can start using that.

It will be interesting how different it is to run/prepare the game.

Keep up the good work.
NeoEvaX is offline   #296 Reply With Quote
joepacelli

Old January 26th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
Released (Free for Everyone)
  1. Isle of Kandril (Pathfinder)
  2. We Be Goblins (Pathfinder)
  3. Streets of Zobeck (Pathfinder)
  4. Pixies on Parade (5E)

Released (Kickstarter Materials)
  1. Halls of the Mountain King (Pathfinder)
  2. Blood Drive (Savage Worlds)
  3. Masks (NPCs) (System Neutral)
  4. Eureka (Adventure Plots) (System Neutral)

Unreleased (Kickstarter Materials)
  1. Never Unprepared (GM Prep Guide) (System Neutral)
  2. Pirate's Guide to Freeport (System Neutral, but with Companions for FATE and "at least one other system" included)
  3. Razor Coast (Pathfinder)
  4. The Blight (Pathfinder)
  5. The Grande Temple of Jing (Pathfinder)

All of the Pathfinder on these lists with the exception of We Be Goblins is 3rd party. I'm not sure what the holdup is on the unreleased KS materials, partly because we haven't been told (as far as I know) who is responsible for the data entry on them.
Will the Kickstarter material be released and made available to non-kickstarter's to purchase in the future?
joepacelli is offline   #297 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 26th, 2018, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepacelli View Post
Will the Kickstarter material be released and made available to non-kickstarter's to purchase in the future?
I'm pretty sure that was the plan. It would be silly to keep a revenue source on which the work was already done off the market!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #298 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 31st, 2018, 06:00 PM
Hey folks!

Paizo devs have been swamped for a while now, so we are still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle we need from them. Unfortunately, while we understand their position, we have no way of knowing how long that will take to arrive. In the meantime, we believe we have found a temporary solution that, while not perfect, may allow us to go ahead and launch the store. It will take our devs some time to implement but if it goes as planned we will have something for you next month. Please be aware, it will cause some hiccups during the purchase of Paizo items but you will still be able to purchase them with a few extra steps.

I know it's not the news everyone wants to hear, it isn't the news I want to share either, but it's what we have to work with at this time and I'm doing my best to see that we get this out despite limitations. At the very least, it gives us hope!
BJ is offline   #299 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old January 31st, 2018, 06:19 PM
The truth is often not one wishes to hear... but it so much better than nothing at all.

Thank you, BJ.
Grey Mage is offline   #300 Reply With Quote