Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

EightBitz

Old February 15th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Again, I don't know how difficult this request is. But if the effort is reasonable:

Say I've set up a structure that I want to use only as a template. I don't want to accidentally add content to it.

Or say I build my base world, and that's my gold copy. I don't want to accidentally load that realm, and run an adventure for a half-hour before I realize my mistake.

Obviously, I would want the ability to edit and update these realms, but having the ability to toggle a read-only mode would be a nice way to help ensure that I edit it only when I want to edit it.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 15th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea but seems like you could rename it to something that would cause you to think twice ("The Never Realm?") as a stop gap
Bidmaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old February 16th, 2017, 06:36 AM
The realm selection screen has a crown icon for realms. Perhaps a different icon for templates or frameworks?
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old February 17th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
The realm selection screen has a crown icon for realms. Perhaps a different icon for templates or frameworks?
That's a fantastic way of differentiating things without it being overly obtrusive, I +1 this!
mazzy is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old February 17th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
While I support this as an elegant workaround, I think the OP's request should not be too complicated to implement. And it can get a nice padlock icon on top
Merion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old February 17th, 2017, 10:27 PM
I agree - +1 to all of the above

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old February 18th, 2017, 03:40 AM
Indeed, +1 to the above.

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #7 Reply With Quote