Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warlord

Notices

JoeCamerieri

Old March 5th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Just noticed that about half the crusader leaders have a slot listed under their damage tracks titled "abilities" that contain all their special abilities while the other half do not. The ones that do not have it listed this way still have the abilities listed on the print out but it's in a seperate area under the name. The only difference is that during army construction one must click on the unit and look and the unit details rather than just look at the unit in the roster section.

It's not a real big deal seeing as how the info is listed in there somewhere, but for ease of use it is nice to have the info listed in a seperate box in the roster.

The following leaders do not have the "abilities" entry under their damage tracks but rather have all S/A's listed in Unit Details which prints out under the name on the roster:
Brannor
Acacia
Danel
Herne
Conlan
Sister Majeda

I must say that as a user of the program I think I'd prefer to have the abilities listed under the name on the print out, as it makes it a tad easier to locate during game play. But during army construction it does make it easier if the abilities are listed in the "Abilities" section under the damage tracks. The problem is that these two options seem like they would be mutually exclusive.

Any thoughts?
JoeCamerieri is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Russell
Volunteer Data File Author

Old March 7th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamerieri
Just noticed that about half the crusader leaders have a slot listed under their damage tracks titled "abilities" that contain all their special abilities while the other half do not. The ones that do not have it listed this way still have the abilities listed on the print out but it's in a seperate area under the name. The only difference is that during army construction one must click on the unit and look and the unit details rather than just look at the unit in the roster section.
The way its supposed to work is that all of the models with more than one Damage Track should have a child "Abilities" unit that lists all the Abilities after the damage tracks in order to keep the damage track grid all together. If I don't do it that way, the first and second damage tracks in the printout are split by the line of abilities which I thought makes it a bit difficult to scan down the Damage Tracks.

It appears that when I did the last Crusader file update I missed doing this on some of the multiple DT models!

I'll fix that up for the next update (which will be coming shortly and including the new data from the first 2 faction books).

Now it sounds to me like you'd rather have the abilities listed between the first and second Damage Track on the printout. Anyone else prefer this? I actually spent a large amount of time making this work the way it does, so I don't want to just drop it unless at least a few people would rather it another way. :-)

Russell.
Russell is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JoeCamerieri

Old March 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM
After looking through a few printouts I see what you mean. Having the seperate entry for abilities seems like the best way to do it so as not to have the damage tracks get seperated.

Justicars also seem to suffer form the lack of the "abilities" category. Also the Necropolis entry for Vampire Crimson Knights has this problem.

Thanks for all your hard work! Looking forward to the update and will be sending you that Reven info shortly.
JoeCamerieri is offline   #3 Reply With Quote