Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeaDawg View Post
No, because each of the "Spoke" traditions (Bard, Druid, Life, Warrior, Steward) can be taken as traditions without taking the "Path of the Wheel" Quality in the same way that a character can learn a martial art style without taking the "Martial Art" Quality. In the case of the martial art styles the styles are just an adjustment to the unarmed combat skill, similar to a specialization or subskill. The "spoke" traditions would be treated as regular traditions, limiting the character to following only one tradition. "The Path of the Wheel" Quality is what allows them to stack up those traditions within the wheel. Normally, the character does not change their tradition within the life time of the character.
My thinking here was that "Path of the Wheel" would be your tradition - and it would always stay your tradition.

The spokes you had acheived along the path would be represented by the qualities you had.
Mathias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Would defining them as qualities still allow them to make adjustments to casting and summoning bonuses? If not I'll find a place to post a couple of tables & charts that show the Path of the Wheel features and selection options/advancement process.
CeaDawg is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeaDawg View Post
Would defining them as qualities still allow them to make adjustments to casting and summoning bonuses?
Yes.

You can even have them add mentor spirit powers, just like the mentor spirits themselves are dong, so that the listings show up in the normal table.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Jahlor

Old November 27th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I know this thread has gone cold for quite a while, but I was under the impression that one could not 'learn' multiple paths in the Path of the Wheel unless one was an Elven Noble, the Path of the King is basically unofficially reserved to 'true-elves' who have been living for centuries waiting for Mana to return and no PC character may follow it because it's over-powered (basically giving the advantages of all of the other paths combined).
Jahlor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote