Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old February 19th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm making a unit that can have no more that 10 members. The unit can be a mix of foot and mounted. I've got the rule in place that caps it at 10, but a mounted model should only count as 1, not 2. How can I get AB to ignore the mount?

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jlong05

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old February 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
If the mount is a linked option then you can set that item to have a model count value of 0.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old February 19th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlong05 View Post
If the mount is a linked option then you can set that item to have a model count value of 0.
Don't suppose you could tell me how..... Not something I've had to do before, and solution eludes me. Thanks!

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Garfunkel

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hello,

I don't understand the error you get:
- You reach the unit model count limit with for example 6 footers and 2 riders (e.g 8 people, 2mounts)
- The roster model count is false because of the mounts but there is no issue with the unit (e.g you can have 6 footers and 4 riders on the unit, but the roster model count is 14)

Would you search for the model count option:
On the Others Details window, (AB Creator, Unit tab, there is an EDIT button near an empty area under the size fields, then browse the fields on the listbox to find 'Model Count')set the model count to 0.

The solution will depend on the way you did program the limitation to 10 members. I will need more details of the unitsm the way you add mounts... to give you a usefull answer.

A solution I would use if I had to start from scratch
Create a group called mountNB with tags 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.
In the unit size maximum, you should have 10.
Then, an option would add the right number of mount linked to the 'selection' tagof the option :
- Child type: Linked
- Child Entity: <HORSE>
- Eval script:
var val as number
var mountTag as string
mountTag = "mountNB." & selection
val = unit.assignstr[mountTag]
- Size script:
@minimum=tagvalue[mountTag.?]
@minimum=tagvalue[mountTag.?]

mount:
On the Others Details window, (AB Creator, Unit tab, there is an EDIT button near an empty area under the size fields, then browse the fields on the listbox to find 'Model Count')set the model count to 0.

The result will be a unit with the rider/footer profile and the right number of mount childs.
There is no need to get a rule with this behavior and the model number remain valid.

Garfunkel
Garfunkel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old February 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I'll try to be a bit more clear.

I have a unit which starts off with nothing in it. All members are an option. The options will either be a foot unit or a mounted unit, as you can mix the two. The mounted unit will be a unit with child unit mount.

The rule I have setup is:

var total as number
var ok as number

total = entity.count[recurse] - 2
ok = 10

if (total < ok) then
@valid = 1
endif

The mounts are being counted, even when I set it's count to 0.

UltraPrime is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sort-Spion

Old February 20th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I can see two ways around your problem; don't know which you prefer...

The first is to create an Exclusion Id in the definition file with a Max Allowed of 10, and then setting the usage of that group to # (which indicates that the count of the child unit is used).

The other way I can think of, is to mark the troopers on foot and those mounted as effective, but not the mounts. This is done similarly to setting the count to 0. Then you modify the total variable to be determined by:

total = entity.count[effective]

hope this helps
Sort-Spion is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old February 21st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks, sorted at last!

UltraPrime is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:37 AM
I spoke too soon..... now it is not adding up the cost of the Effective units. I'm probably missing something simple here.

UltraPrime is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Garfunkel

Old February 27th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Hello,

Check the Effective units don't have a count set to 0. Only mounts should get it.

Regards,
Garfunkel
Garfunkel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote