Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

icantfallasleep

Old June 2nd, 2016, 08:00 AM
If I understand correctly, the only way is to use the Encounter Builder, Import several Tigers, and then add templates or buffs to each Tiger individually. I also had to create an Augment Summoning Template, but Celestial seems already there.
  • Is there an easier way to do this?
  • Did Augment Summoning already exist elsewhere and I didn't have to create a template?
  • Is there a way to filter down to get a list of ONLY the creatures which I can summon using SNA or SM?

Thanks for your time, any clarification might help save tons of time wasted adding and buffing in HL before I can start rolling dice.
icantfallasleep is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 2nd, 2016, 08:46 AM
There is a summon monster package that takes care of all of that.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
icantfallasleep

Old June 2nd, 2016, 09:04 AM
Please forgive my ignorance. I have all the Paizo add-ons purchased, not any of the 3rd party ones. I don't have any community packs because I'm not sure how they work.
  • Is this one of the add-ons that is purchased or is this a community pack?
  • How do I use the summon monster package? Does it add new functionality to HL to simplify any of the items I mentioned in my previous post?

Thanks for your reply!
icantfallasleep is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old June 2nd, 2016, 09:09 AM
Its entitled "Pathfinder RPG Summon Monster Creatures" check your license page to ensure that you have it purchased. Its not a community pack.

It is everything you want plus a few more summon related bonuses.

To access it Gamemaster => Encounter Library => Summon Monster Creatures
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
icantfallasleep

Old June 2nd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
To access it Gamemaster => Encounter Library => Summon Monster Creatures
It's been there all along!! I was going into Encounter Builder and had to do everything manually. derp.

Thanks for your help!
icantfallasleep is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
icantfallasleep

Old June 5th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I sorry to re-open this thread, but when I got home to try this out, I still couldn't see the summon monster or summon nature's ally options under encounter library. All I see is the Rise of the Runelords encounters.

I have double checked that I purchased the Summon Monster Creatures add-on pack and double checked that under my Configure Hero, the Summon Monster Creatures check box is selected.

What do I need to do to enable this feature.
icantfallasleep is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
icantfallasleep

Old June 5th, 2016, 05:24 PM
I found my problem!! I have always used Rise of the Runelords encounters, exclusively, and I read on another thread that you have to press "Back" on the encounter library screen to view all other encounter packages. I completely forgot about that since it's been months ago now that I've set it to Rise of the Runelords and forgotten about it.
icantfallasleep is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lisai22

Old February 22nd, 2020, 06:29 PM
Do you need to have game master functionality or can you just be a player who summons monsters in order to use this?
Lisai22 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote